Looking for auto tires

SAMBUSA

I have nokians on all my cars. Unbelievable snow traction. Had the at's on my 2 wheel drive blazer and never got stuck in snow once. The ht's on my f150 and the mt's on my yota. For a mud terrain I am impressed with how quite they are and the wet traction. Plus I get them 10% under cost.

WHat are you running on the car? The I3's? I really liked those, but our dist said they aren't carrying them anymore. They're still on Nokian's page though. I wonder if this has anything to od with the HUGE tax that is being put on tires imported from China, as that's where the i3's are made.

On my cages I'm running Goodyear Tripletreads. Can't say a bad thing about them, other than cost. They ARE supposed to last 80k+ miles though.

Ive gotta get new shoes on the truck pretty soon too , been putting it off cuz 20"s are freakin expensive.

Ugh, I feel bad for ya there! Although, now that I look, they've come down in price, by A LOT! The Wrangler SR-A's, which I think were OE on those are around $140 each now. We can get the Nokian Vatiiva H/T's for a few $ less, and they're rated for 65k instead of 50 for the goodyears.

If money is not an issue, the Wrangler Silent Armor's are around $225 each! :eek:

Prices are just the tires, no tax, mount and balance, stems, etc....

Ugh, I feel bad for ya there! Although, now that I look, they've come down in price, by A LOT! The Wrangler SR-A's, which I think were OE on those are around $140 each now. We can get the Nokian Vatiiva H/T's for a few $ less, and they're rated for 65k instead of 50 for the goodyears.

If money is not an issue, the Wrangler Silent Armor's are around $225 each! :eek:

Prices are just the tires, no tax, mount and balance, stems, etc....

Right now money money is an issue and yes the SR-A is whats on it and got nowhere near 50k out of them MIGHT have 30 on em before theyre completely toast and they were rotated and inflated properly . Highly doubt I'll buy those again.

I run bfg's on my car. It doesnt leave the driveway if it has a small chance of rain so no need for wet traction tires. And interesting fact I learned at alignment 2 class is you can take the said goodyear off your ram and the same goodyear from a tire shop and they are different tires. Car companies have tires made with certain specs in mind as far as ride quality and what not, not mileage. They want it to ride smooth and quite until you leave the lot. They dont give a shit about how many miles you get out of them.

I run bfg's on my car. It doesnt leave the driveway if it has a small chance of rain so no need for wet traction tires. And interesting fact I learned at alignment 2 class is you can take the said goodyear off your ram and the same goodyear from a tire shop and they are different tires. Car companies have tires made with certain specs in mind as far as ride quality and what not, not mileage. They want it to ride smooth and quite until you leave the lot. They dont give a shit about how many miles you get out of them.

THAT is what the whole Firestone - Ford Explorer issue was all about. Ford Spec'd a lesser tire than should have been used, with the inflation pressures they recommended. Use a weaker tire, lower the inflation, sidewalls are weaker, you can figure out the rest.....

I have a feeling that the tires on that Ram are pretty close to the same, if not exact, seeing the (relatively) low numbers of them out there. I don't think Goodyear would make that number of tires to a lower spec just for Dodge, then sell a better aftermarket version of the same one. A higher volume tire, they do it all the time.

I agree with Todd here, I don't think I'd put the money into another set. On that truck I would go with the Nokian, or fork over the coin ($1000-ish) for the Silent Armor's that are still only rated for 50k (around $400 more for same or less tread life then the Nokians.)

I see some general's from our other supplier, but they don't look as good as the nokians.

I like SOME Kumho's. Some of them that I've had on the Camaro are WAYY slick, get next to zero dry traction. I know some of their sport compact sized tires, such as what Jagz is prolly talking about, seem to be purdy goood.

I'm pretty sure these new ones that I mentioned for Cheech will bee good as well, without the shipping.

Ecstas on both 04 and 07 SIs. This is the first "quiet" tire I've had on the 04. LoPros are loud mothers. I had a couple sets of Pirellis on before. LOUD. Great grip wet and dry and great in the snow. The OEM Michelins Pilots were crap that came on the 07. Damn near bald at 25K. And slippery from day one. Again slapped Kum-his on it and it's all good. People love em or hate em.

Ecstas on both 04 and 07 SIs. This is the first "quiet" tire I've had on the 04. LoPros are loud mothers. I had a couple sets of Pirellis on before. LOUD. Great grip wet and dry and great in the snow. The OEM Michelins Pilots were crap that came on the 07. Damn near bald at 25K. And slippery from day one. Again slapped Kum-his on it and it's all good. People love em or hate em.

How are those bitches doing in the shitty Ohio weather? I was always curious about that. The Camaro doesn't come out when salt is even a threat, as tires are not the traction issue then, so I wouldn't know!

I'm having troubles finding anything decent for it now. I guess I need to find me some 17's or bigger. I'd love to have a set of what ever the new Camaro's have on them that looks similar to the Iroc or Z-28 wheels of the mid 80's!

mtahzi.ang.jpg

they make your size in the gforce sport. I have ran both and the kw grip harder but for the price difference I love these tires but dont believe a thing it says about wet traction. My fwd focus hydroplanes down the highway and spins leaving every red light in the rain.

they make your size in the gforce sport. I have ran both and the kw grip harder but for the price difference I love these tires but dont believe a thing it says about wet traction. My fwd focus hydroplanes down the highway and spins leaving every red light in the rain.

I see tirerack has a few nice looking tires. For some reason I can't get into our BFG, michelin Dist now. They must take the site down every night?

As for wet traction, my Intrepid will hydroplane with the Tripletreads on it, IF I drive through deep enough water, fast enough! :lol: Seriously though, it was only about 65, and the water was an inch or so deep, and into a curve. Tires were cold, 40 degree day. I'm not surprised they did at all. They've been great when not expecting more than they're designed for! :eek:

Ended up ordering the Bridgestones from TR. Just short of 900 shipped. Should be here tues or weds. Hopefully I can get them on before the first

:eek: $900? how many extra spares do you get for that?

Same thing I was thinkin'.... Double :eek: :eek:

I like SOME Kumho's. Some of them that I've had on the Camaro are WAYY slick, get next to zero dry traction.

Amen to that! Dealer put a set of these on wifey's Pacifica, & they suck!! You know it's bad when a Mustang is pullin' away from your FWD car at a rainy red light

At same time, I got a set of Bridgestone or Uniroyals (can't remember which right now) light truck tires for the van. LOVE 'em!! Chunky tread, & wearing so even after 2 years, I just got told by the tire shop I didn't even need to rotate them if I didn't want to. Van gets around like a damn billy goat, & it's RWD

Each set cost me ~$450-500 IIRC & were rated for 50k

Edited by Fonzie