Another n00b

alienpi

Was skiing at Mad River recently and met Yotaman88210 in the loft, and he recommended I check out the forum. I'm currently also a member of sport-touring.net.

I started touring on my bicycle back before I had a license. I'd go 50-100 miles on the bicycle just for fun, and of course I did the annual bicycle rallies. After a while it get's kinda boring and not to mention dangerous. Going 30mph on just about any road is just asking to get ran over.

Since bicycling is so dangerous, I needed to find something a little safer while retaining the general two-wheeled exhilaration.

I really only needed something that I could safely tour on without worrying about getting ran over by the flow of traffic. I ended up with a 08 Buell 1125R; her name is Lilly.

I ended up with a 08 Buell 1125R; her name is Lilly.

First off :welcome:

Second, well SHIT, you likey the speed dontcha!?!?!

Third...you know how i know ur gay? you ski...snowboarding ftw

:beathorse:

(the smiley is random...i saw it and thought it looked funny so i put it in)

Another cyclsit here. Campy Chorus on a Cannondale, and XTR on a Fat Chance. Portsmouth yearly, and used to race. Had to go faster with a V-Twin too. Loved my Buell, but have an Aprilia now. Chicks dig Italian bikes. Second snowboard FTW. Welcome brother man!

Welcome! The wife and I used to ride bikes, before we got MC's, not so much any more! Need to get back on them this year!

I rode in the ADA Tour de Cure in '06, '07' and '08

ADA2008-07.jpg

Yeah, I've been meaning to get back on the pedal bike also. It's hard to do that because I have to walk by the 1125R to get it.

On another note, it's too bad that it's been getting cooler for the last 10 years. I was hoping for an extra month of riding due to the global warming thing. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8299079.stm

Edited by alienpi