New guy here... not from Ohio though

thirdgenlxi

What's up everybody?? Got a couple buddies on this forum so I figured I'd join up here too and say what's up :D

Anyways, quick intro... my name is Jared, I'm 28 and live just outside of Asheville, NC. I ride (errr rode) and black/red '04 CBR 600 F4i that I love to death. Some may have already seen the thread about me going down a couple weeks ago on an oil slick in the road and the bike sliding into a curb and cracking my engine case.... I'm currently working on rebuilding it back to tip-top shape here soon as the insurnace co comes out and looks at it, and hopefully cuts me a check right then.

Here's a few pics, from a couple months ago when she looked a little better, lol

DSC00182.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

Me and the bike from back in 2007 in south Florida

DSC02236.jpg

We both love roadtrips! NM/AZ border back in April

DSC00524.jpg

AZ desert

DSC00533.jpg

And my one Ohio picture, LOL.... just after Thanksgiving 2008 in Columbus

JaredSnow.jpg

That's about it for me.... maybe I'll meet some of you guys one of these days as I do get up to Ohio every once in awhile to hang out with my buddy Vinny. Take it easy everyone and ride safe!! Watch out for those pesky oil spills, hahah

Did you use a rubber mallet or ball peen and dolly to punch in the fuel tank to make room for your huge balls?

:lol::lol:

Nah, no need for extra room here.... after what I'd already been through on this trip, everything was shriveled up pretty small at this point, hahaha. The main roads were actually perfectly clear other than a little slushy at some intersections, at which point you just had to be really really careful. I was staying with my buddy Vinny (warhols_ on this forum), and they didn't plow the roads even once in the subdivision where he lives at. So I only had a short ways to go in the snow to get out to the main roads. I didn't necessarily go out and ride in the snow just for the sake of going for a ride (I'm not that stupid, haha), but I had to get home. In the above pic I was leaving Columbus on a 668 mile ride back home to Atlanta, GA

Here's the rest of the pictures and ride report from that particular ride if you care to see.... this was the 2nd snowstorm I got stuck in on that trip, one in Chicago and this one in Columbus, and a high of 17 deg on the trip between the two

http://www.soflasportbikes.com/forum/member-photos/183976-my-turkey-day-roadtrip-pics-lots.html

Welcome to the Site.....

Did you use a rubber mallet or ball peen and dolly to punch in the fuel tank to make room for your huge balls?

GREATEST LINE EVER!!!!!.... I LMAO for a long time, this is absolutely PRICELESS... FTW!!!!