2011 Ford Mustang GT

DLN1223

No a 4v head is a Pent Roof design, a Hemi head is truly hemispherical, and it's not all it's cracked up to be, in the 60's it was a great thing, but bath tub parallel valve heads have surpassed it, hence the 2 plugs per cylinder, they have somewhat less than desirable burn characteristics than a bath tub style combustion chamber, but the two plugs do successfully move the plug to the outside of the chamber where there is some air movement. top dead center of the chamber is actually about the worst place you could put a plug.

LOL, how did I know YOU would be the one to correct this? :D

After GM beat them to it in 85! :lol: Too bad GM's was on the 305. Then GM had to catch back up in 87 with FINALLY putting a 350 back in the Camaro/firebird.

And my first car was a black '87 camaro. Fully loaded, leather ttops allpower only problem was they didn't have a strong enough manual trans to handle the torque. So it was an auto.

ummm, just read the article. They are talking about a lot of extra weight.

A bunch of structural and sound deadening add ons everywhere.

I wonder just how much weight...

"And for all this, the new 5.0-liter V8 weighs only 10 pounds more than the outgoing 4.6-liter version. And weight, or the relative lack of it, is what has been keeping the Mustang GT in the hunt with the thundering Camaro, despite the relatively weak output of the 4.6-liter V8."

http://www.insideline.com/ford/mustang/2011/2011-ford-mustang-gt-5-0-first-look.html

:p

Hate to disappoint ya bud :)

You'd really ruffle some feathers on the local street racing board I'm on. It's partly overrun with LSx guys who think the LSx is God (well duh!) and everybody else who keeps coming up with excuses as to why the LSx is inferior compared to a 4V Mustang. Many lulz are had. :D

I had a 99 with the 4.6 and I loved mine wasnt that fastest but it did ok. I pulled a 13.8 on the 1/4 stock trim and street tires. I do have a buick gran national motor in my 67 jeep though and I love it too. Well more so beside the frame rather than in.