Forum Member Discount at The Mid-Ohio School!

MidOhio-PTR

ATTENTION ALL FORUM MEMBERS:

The Mid-Ohio School Performance Track Riding is proud to announce a Forum Member Discount on all 2010 Performance Track Riding dates, excluding Max-Time Twilight events. Enroll in a course at least 14 days prior to the date and receive $10 off your order. Enter the coupon code FORUM2010 in the coupon code box during Step 1 of 8 in the ordering process on www.midohioschool.com to receive your discounted price. Please include your member screen-name and forum in the comments section before completing your order. This has to be included for the discount to be authorized.

We’re looking forward to seeing you on track in 2010

any chance we can apply this retroactively? :-D

This offer could not be combined with our Holiday Promotion which ended December 23rd at 12pm EST. If you placed your order between 12/23 and the time of the announcement we will grant you the appropriate discount.

Counter offer for what? $10 off a $195 track day is ~5% discount. Barber is only $160 (during July) with STT. I don't know how Barber fares compared to Mid-Ohio' date=' but that's a substantial difference in price. In October, Grattan is $110. These are already incredible prices.

I'm not saying Mid-Ohio isn't worth $195 to ride, because it is, but why would STT counter offer when they are already $40-$80 cheaper than their "competition"?[/quote']

It doesn't hurt to ask. And Barber is $205 in March when I'm signing up.

Where is STT's counter offer? I'll wait to sign up for Barber till I hear a response. Thanks

So to save 20-40 dollars you will drive 8-12 hours to Barber? Yeah that makes sense to me.:rolleyes:

Counter offer for what? $10 off a $195 track day is ~5% discount. Barber is only $160 (during July) with STT. I don't know how Barber fares compared to Mid-Ohio' date=' but that's a substantial difference in price. In October, Grattan is $110. These are already incredible prices.

I'm not saying Mid-Ohio isn't worth $195 to ride, because it is, but why would STT counter offer when they are already $40-$80 cheaper than their "competition"?[/quote']

For us this is all relative living in Ohio. Comparing a track thats less than 3 hours away to a track thats half a day commute. Don't get me wrong Barber is a great track. But, Some will say they actually like Mid-Ohio a little better. (Please lets not talk about a wet track :rolleyes:)

Now as far as the discounts I'm all about competition hell I think Monte lowered the price of the Barber day in July because another company X-ACT MOTORSPORTS, INC was offering 175.00 per day in July. But thats just speculation.

As long as more companies get involved we as consumers will benefit. :D

I was inferring that STT give a general $10 discount to Ohioriders forum members not just for Barber. I just happen to be signing up for Barber either way in March because it's cold in OH in march and me and my buddies have sort of made a tradition out of it since one of the guys mom lives there not to save money vs Mid-OH.

In the summer months I'll ride here in OH. I was really just putting it out there half joking but also half hoping maybe Brian or Monte would sign on and give us a discount code. Didn't mean to get people riled up.

So in short, I could go to Barber in July but I'll probably stay local since it's warm up here. The southern tracks are just worth it to me to visit in the early spring or late fall because you can start riding sooner.

Edited by vw151

I was inferring that STT give a general $10 discount to Ohioriders forum members not just for Barber. I just happen to be signing up for Barber either way in March because it's cold in OH in march and me and my buddies have sort of made a tradition out of it since one of the guys mom lives there not to save money vs Mid-OH.

In the summer months I'll ride here in OH. I was really just putting it out there half joking but also half hoping maybe Brian would sign on and give us a discount code. Didn't mean to get people riled up.

I knew what you were saying lol. Jokes can get miss read round here:)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the summer months I'll ride here in OH. I was really just putting it out there half joking but also half hoping maybe Brian or Monte would sign on and give us a discount code. Didn't mean to get people riled up.

So in short, I could go to Barber in July but I'll probably stay local since it's warm up here. The southern tracks are just worth it to me to visit in the early spring or late fall because you can start riding sooner.

I'm not going to pollute Mid-O's post here, but Jesus, dude...

Did you not see the OR event we posted for Gingerman? Did you sign up for that? Maybe the event where you got tires and a track day cheaper than one day at some events elsewhere...?

I mean, if it is a deal that we offer $10 as a "counter", are you immediately going to sign up?

We've been offering deals and deals. Between track days and tire specials that cannot be beat, I'd say STT is looking out for you guys.

And not to get NESBA involved, but they are offering free trial events for you guys, as well...

This is somewhat the concern over many of the same companies being sponsors on a site. It's just amazing that things are never good enough for some people.

Mid-O is offering a deal and we get people "waiting" on the counters...

Seriously...

Back to your regularly schedule programs... Sorry Mid-O.

• 3 months later...

Poop! I just did a track day yesterday and didn't know about the coupon... Oh well.. It was an AWESOME day! My first time at Mid O, and I was very impressed with how well it was ran. Very good instructors, very good free lunch, and a very good track! I had a great time! Thanks again MID O!

Poop! I just did a track day yesterday and didn't know about the coupon... Oh well.. It was an AWESOME day! My first time at Mid O, and I was very impressed with how well it was ran. Very good instructors, very good free lunch, and a very good track! I had a great time! Thanks again MID O!

word damn the wife and I were there yesterday too.. yelling at andy across 2 garages HAHA, it was a great time for our first at Mid O +1 to all that andy said!

:cry: Wish I was experienced enough to go to the track. lol, Someday.

if you're comfortable taking a highway exit ramp at the posted speed, you're experienced enough to go to the track.

I can think of no better way to improve your riding skills in such a short period of time.