Kel-Tec SU-16A Sub-16???

Casper

POS, POS, POS !!!!!!!

And seriously WTF do you need a Beta mag for when going "camping" as Casper put it. Do you want the folder because your trying to hide the POS inside your pack or what? Do you have any idea how easy it it to strap a regular 16" AR to the side of a camping pack because thats what most people do.If you do, then why the hell are you still considering this thing.. I mean seriously. There is so much nonsense in here its a joke.

Hell, do I need to go home and take pics to show someone the relative size of an AR strapped to a camping pack so you get the point. Youre not going to pack a rifle inside your pack anyway so why the hell would you want this POS.

:eek: Way to freak out on us there, bro.

Consider your point taken.. :violin:

I think he's trying to say you can only hang wif da cool kids if you have an ae ar. ;)

Actaully Im not an AR fanatic at all. There are just so many other quality options that its my personal opinion that its stupid to buy this thing based on the reasons given.

Like I said, its not smart to skimp when buying firearms.

I call BS on this.. If your rifle is doing this then you have a problem with it. Granted Im not talking about older rifles but any current day rifle, this should not happen. Ive pulled my barrel and action out of my stock to lighten my trigger and once I had it adjusted, I smacked the shit out of it on the floor with no issues. You can adjust them improperly light that they will fire just when closing the bolt. (Ask me how I know :) ) Ive also seen triggers set at 4 ounces that have zero problems when going through a safety check.

no BS, it's a potential problem. And true, it should not happen. I've fired old combat rifles like that, just to show that it's possible. I did have to hunt for one that would fire consistently. Kids in the Army would show off by smacking the butt on the ground to release the bolt. Bad idea on an old worn out M16. One of the sargents screwed up and put a hole into a C-130 wing fuel tank that way. It wasn't just bouncing the firing pin, it was releasing the bolt AND bouncing the firing pin. Shoot, old Kalashnikovs don't even have a firing pin spring. And yes, an old worn out combat rifle is a problem waiting to happen. No, a modern rifle shouldn't do that unless it's been messed with, or it's a junk design. But still, hammer any firearm on it's butt, the equivalent of a 15 to 20 foot drop, and there's a small chance it will fire. Granted that newer firearm safeties that forcefully arrest the movement of the firing pin will avoid this.

Also had a friend fire a old Mauser semi-auto by releasing the slide. Old and worn out and not right. Oops.

I had another friend adjust the pull on his 1911. It checked out fine when I tapped it with a plastic/rubber mallet. But when loaded with two rounds, it auto fired the second round straight up. Oops... try again. And he had been wondering why I wasn't letting him load the entire magazine.

I once had a new Star Firestar fire a second round on it's own. No idea if it would do that again. Nor why it did that.

POS, POS, POS !!!!!!!

And seriously WTF do you need a Beta mag for when going "camping" as Casper put it. Do you want the folder because your trying to hide the POS inside your pack or what? Do you have any idea how easy it it to strap a regular 16" AR to the side of a camping pack because thats what most people do.If you do, then why the hell are you still considering this thing.. I mean seriously. There is so much nonsense in here its a joke.

Hell, do I need to go home and take pics to show someone the relative size of an AR strapped to a camping pack so you get the point. Youre not going to pack a rifle inside your pack anyway so why the hell would you want this POS.

+1 Agree with that. How about an Armalite/Charter Arms/Henry AR7 22cal instead? Those are cool. Although some people don't like them. The little backpack rifle that broke down and stored inside the buttstock.

h002b.jpgar7.jpg

My choice for backpack rifle = Winchester 94 Trapper (short barrel) in scabbard on the side...

M94.JPG

Actaully Im not an AR fanatic at all. There are just so many other quality options that its my personal opinion that its stupid to buy this thing based on the reasons given.

Like I said, its not smart to skimp when buying firearms.

Just pulling your chain. I hear you about quality and spending your money well. Trust me I want an AR but "this old house" needs some work first.

I have one of those survival henry 22's and its freaking sweet. Its only 8 rd mags but fun as hell to shit and something unusual to whip out of the gun collection. And suprisingly very accurate at 25-40 yards for metal sights and being able to put together and take apart.

+1 Agree with that. How about an Armalite/Charter Arms/Henry AR7 22cal instead? Those are cool. Although some people don't like them. The little backpack rifle that broke down and stored inside the buttstock.

h002b.jpgar7.jpg

My choice for backpack rifle = Winchester 94 Trapper (short barrel) in scabbard on the side...

M94.JPG

I almost bought one of those .22's when I was a kid in scouts.