This this good form?

Likwid

That's something that is really important for dragon virgins to understand. Staying on the outside of the turn and waiting to lay it in until you can see through is key. Too many asshats out there blowing the double yellow.

Ironically, this pic was just 2 down from the R1 guy:

img_4546.jpg

That's great form because he's apexing at the right time.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With that foot and peg dragging the way it is in the original thread picture, that rider is dangerously close to a low slide.

But at least he is wearing full protective gear, which was good to see. I never ride without full leathers. I worked in an ER, road rash is the worst. Some if it looks like hamburger helper without the helper part. I've seen fingers completely ground away among other horrific visions. Always wear protective gear and ride responsibly on the street :)))

Those two pics are crazy man' date=' thats not leaning, thats damn near falling :lol:[/quote']

True, but look at the head on each rider. Collin is traditional of sorts. Vale is literally looking like he is looking straight down at the curbing. We'd NEVER suggest doing that...

I don't see anything too egregious in his form. In fact, late apexing the dragon is usually a pretty good idea.

r1%20guy.jp

and he's got spartan leathers on! clap.gif

My feelings are that he is poor on form. I'm not worried about the apex or where he is on the road... The guy in front is on the same line...

He has more of an MX rider style with the head up and over the center of the bike. He's forcing the knee out from what i can tell... He needs to get his ass off more and get his head out away from top of the center line of the bike in my opinion...

I like Nate's position here as well as the guy behind him. The guy behind is close to the guy pictured we are discussing, but is more off to the side and more forward from what I can tell. The guy pictured above is literally close to being right and like I said, there's no "right way", but he is definately needing work... Less Dragon and more track day will help that...

Here's Nate again...

dsc01109a.jpgw800.png

As for the suit... Well that's a whol 'nother thread...:rolleyes:

Also, the guy's feet are all fucked up... Chicken wings are for flyin' - not ridin'...

Personally, I think like what a lot of guys are saying - I think he's not a very experienced rider and knew the camera guy was there. In knowing, he is forcing the knee down and exaggerating his poor style even more...

my new fav (jason disalvo):

19171_231963888540_625918540_3237090_2364353_n.jpg

Another great example to add to the pile of there's no way to teach a perfect riding style to ANYONE... Plus, Jason has edited his riding style over the years. Each bike sometimes requires different ways to ride them to get the most out of them...

alright brian, what is wrong with my suit:

P1020929-3.jpg

back on topic.. here is another one emphasizing what i was talking about with body size, sjc1000rr is in black. he is much bigger than me, just like flounder but we got around the corner in around the same time.

different strokes for different folks

P1020965.jpg

Edited by natedogg624

alright brian, what is wrong with my suit:

P1020929-3.jpg

back on topic.. here is another one emphasizing what i was talking about with body size, sjc1000rr is in black. he is much bigger than me, just like flounder but we got around the corner in around the same time.

different strokes for different folks

P1020965.jpg

The thing is about the last pic is the guy is not off the bike enough. He is doubtful to be as fast as you through the same corner... I don't buy that. He needs to get off a bit more and less stiff armed. He has KILLER potential, but you don't want to draw a straight line from center of the wheel and go up and get your head, chest and shoulder on the line... He's too up on top of the bike... He leans off more and he goes faster...

I hope we get some seasoned track riders chiming in on this thread...for as much emphasis as people put on body positioning, it sure is hard to get some good, informed advice on the subject.

i wouldn't call myself "seasoned," but I don't embarrass myself on the track. My take:

if you're going fast and not low-siding, your form is good enough. Larry Pegram's form sucks balls to look at (knee injury of some sort forced him to change riding styles), but the guy is fast as hell.

do what works for you.

Re: the initial picture, I KNOW i 'reach' for the ground early in the day, and as my speed comes up, I hang off less and lean over more. There's nothing wrong with hanging your knee way out, scuffing the puck, and then pulling your knee back up a few inches before you set it down to actually slide through a turn.