Tennis Elbow

Monstrosity

I've had Tennis elbow since 07. I've never played Tennis in my life. I remember the day it felt like I got stabbed in the elbow. I was on my 07 GSXR 1000 with a passenger on back. I've dealt with it since then and had two cortizone shots.

Recently it got worse and I decided to do something about it. I went to a DR and they sent me to a sports medicince DR in Streetsboro. He said first were going with Physical Therapy. If that dosent work they will pull blood and spin it then re-inject it into the damaged area. If that dosent take then they will do surgery...

Hope this works I really want it fixed. Worse part is I might not be able to ride the first part of the year :eek::(:mad:

Man that sucks. I had reverse tennis elbow last winter. I wore that brace around my upper wrist for a while and it healed up but took forever. The Physical therapy was a joke. At least for me.

Man that sucks. I had reverse tennis elbow last winter. I wore that brace around my upper wrist for a while and it healed up but took forever. The Physical therapy was a joke. At least for me.

I wore a brace for almost 1.5 years and it hasnt healed by itself. I really hope the Therapy works but have been told its a joke.

I wore a brace for almost 1.5 years and it hasnt healed by itself. I really hope the Therapy works but have been told its a joke.

The therapy they did on me was daily activities?

This is interesting to see. I've posted my condition on other motorcycle enthusiast sites and no one ever commented. I thought maybe if I put dirt bike or heli bars on my bike it would help but its hard to say.

My therapy is stretches, massages, intense icing, and some electrode deal.

O ya, they did the electrode deal with heat and then some battery operated heat patch thing when I left. I did like the battery operated patch.

Sounds like you had a similar treatment. But you did have a 100% recovery?

Edited by Monstrosity
keys are sticking

It does not hurt anymore. I only went twice and then refused to go if i remember correctly. My bad, daily activities was my fractured wrist not tennis elbow. The battery patch did feel good. I'm not sure what fixed it but i'd say 99% recovery. I used the wrist band and really stopped using my arm as much as i could. It was so bad i couldn't tie my shoe and movng my fingers hurt.. I feel it every once in a long while. Your situation seems a little different.

had it since 06... been through shots, therapy, ultrasound, 3 different types of braces, etc.....they were talking about surgery at first, but recently my doctor was saying that new studies are showing that the only way to get rid of it is to change your habits that are causing it to flair up...i have it in both elbows and in one knee...the knee only bothers me maybe once or twice a year...and my elbows were real bad...every 6 months ide need 4-6 weeks off work to heal up...switched to a different area of the building where im not lifting over my head too often and its gone away for the most part....figure out what youre doing that makes it the worst, and find another way to do that if possible, or quit it

also, theres no such thing as recovering from it completely....sure the pain may go away, but the problem wont.... so once you get it feeling better, do not get cocky about it and go back to doing whatever it is you did to upset it to begin with, or the pain will come back all over again...trust me

Edited by Steve Butters

What's that mean, to spin blood? What's it accomplish? Sorry, jusy never heard of that.

Dont quote me but basically they draw it out, then spin it, then re-inject it into the damaged area. By spinning it, it does something with the healing factor. It causes cells to repair faster.

Dont quote me but basically they draw it out, then spin it, then re-inject it into the damaged area. By spinning it, it does something with the healing factor. It causes cells to repair faster.

Interesting....So in theory if I play on a sit'n spin all the time, I should always be healthy? :lol:

That's pretty cool though.

• 6 months later...

I went and saw a surgeon a week ago and feel that Suma botched the MRI. Tomorrow I'm going to the Cleveland Clinic and they are injecting dye into my arm and going to do another MRI. The surgeon felt its a Bone Spur. He also pointed out that I had fluid built up in it and the fluid (infection) could be causing other health problems. So wish me luck! I go tomorrow to have the MRI done and then the 2nd I see the surgeon again.

On a side note I've felt very dizzy lately, sick to my stomach, mini panic attacks. Saw my family physician and he said I had fluid on the inside of my ear drum and called the condition Labrinthitis (not sure how to spell it). So now I'm on Steroids and something to take the dizziness away.:D

One thing at a time I guess!:cry:

Damn. You're all kinds of fucked up' date=' aren't you? Good luck with all of this.[/quote']

Lol, yeah! The only good thing is the drug that keeps the vertigo away makes me feel a spacy! On a serious note, thanks!

Oh and Andrew with an 07 600RR should be contacting you shortly for a valve check/adjustment.