Is it worth it?

flyboy1011

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHOEI-Helmet-RF1000-Jester_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27ae6b2e7fQQitemZ170429984383QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

I'm in the market for a new lid, and the jester has always been one of my favorites, it's my size, and decently priced. The scratches piss me off though. Should I go for it anyway?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHOEI-Helmet-RF1000-Jester_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27ae6b2e7fQQitemZ170429984383QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

I'm in the market for a new lid, and the jester has always been one of my favorites, it's my size, and decently priced. The scratches piss me off though. Should I go for it anyway?

Nope.. Don't buy a scratched helmet...

Yeah I'm thinkin' if i can't find a jester in good enough condition i wanna go for the caster...or maybe plain...I can't decide :confused:

The RF-1000 was discontinued recently. You can find closeout deals on new lids all over the place. Your problem is going to be size. Whatever is left is most likely the least popular sizes.

The one you're looking at is called the Picotte 3.

I don't know if this interests you but if you have looked at the Bell Star they have a select few models on sale now for ~150 dollars brand new online. TFD Bell Helmets or something like that.

Great helmet and if you don't like the graphics on it you can spend a few hundred extra to get it painted.

hahaha I like that...

...What, if any, are the big differences between the tzr and the rf 1000, I tried both on at the pony the other day and liked 'em both.

TZ-R does not include rear vents and as such it does get a little warmer on the hot days around here. I've got a TZ-R and I love it but I will upgrade to an RF-1000 if I get a chance just for the vents. There's also some styling changes between the two for better aero.

My one beef with the Shoeis is anytime it's cold or rainy it ALWAYS fogs up and you have to put it on the vent setting. But from what I hear, they all do it no matter what.

Seems a little steep to me. I have a solid gloss black RF1000 bought new in 07 and only wore 3 times that I'd get rid of for half that much. Has similar, probably lighter scratching on top, but I'll openly admit I went over with it on. Pulled the liner though and checked the shell and everything is fine... that was first weekend, raced 2 more weekends w/ it after that. It was more like a gentle somersault when I went down- had er down to about 10 mph as I thought I would just ride it out through the gravel trap end of turn 6 at Mid-O. Don't go in there!... I sank like quicksand and fell off!

• 2 weeks later...