Delaware, OH motorcycle swap meet TOMORROW, Jan 17th

chevysoldier

Found this online, don't know anything about it, never heard it.

http://www.motorcyclemonster.com/events/14th-Annual-Motorcycle-Swap-2010-01-17-Delaware-OH.html

Motorcycle swap meet at the Delaware County Fairgrounds Sunday, Jan 17th 10am until 3.00pm. Admission 5.00 under 12 free. Free parking, heated buildings. Will have parts, leathers, t-shirts, accessories and much more.

Yeah, swap meets can and usually are a bunch of junk BUT I have found some really good stuff at really good prices at them before. That being said, I ever never been to a "motorcycle" swap meet before and know nothing about it. For those that do go, please post up with your experience afterwards.

I have not set up at a motorcycle swap meet, but have at car swap meets. I have made the most money on the first day, as I am unloading my items. Other sellers tend to buy from other sellers before the show is open to the public.

Yeah, first days are usually the best for the seller, last days are best for the buyer.

Just got back from the swap meet. Table after table of old parts for HDs, complete engines, tanks, seats, fairings, hard bags, complete front ends, on and on. The only thing I saw that was remotely related to a metric bike was a hat that said, "Why yes it is a F@*&ing Yamaha". There were a few clothing vendors, some with what looked to be cheap leathers. One booth even had XXX DVDs. Most people looked like they were walking right past the admissions table. I figure if you knew what you were looking for and couldn't find it through a dealer or parts house, you could probably find it at one of these. Overall impression... meh.

I went to it too. If someone had an 80's model Skirtster, that would have been the place to go...or if you wanted some goth jewelry. :p

Buxnut, did you see the pit bike that kinda looked like a baby gsxr? There were 5 guys standing around it, so I just kept walking...

So Buxnut, does that mean you didn't buy anything?

Nope. Didnt see anything I need, besides that if I bring home another part/accessory/"something i might use someday", the wife might just kick me to the curb! a friend of mine went and picked up a set of rear signals for his '07 sportster for $20.