no-hatin drag se....

slowbusa

Heard stories of them not being able to make payouts last year. That's too bad, I was hoping they'd be able to pull it off. We need a good bike series in Ohio other than AMA. :wtf: Maybe they'll make amends this time around?

Edited by Exit Wounds

• 3 weeks later...
Heard stories of them not being able to make payouts last year. That's too bad, I was hoping they'd be able to pull it off. We need a good bike series in Ohio other than AMA. :wtf: Maybe they'll make amends this time around?

Nope, they never paid him.. they wanted them to chase the promoters around to the next race to get paid, wouldn't even send it to them. Good luck running with them. :bs:

Edited by Exit Wounds

what gear do i need for the street ET. my fz should only run in the 11s at best

If you're in the 11's you shouldn't need a whole lot. Leather jacket with riding gloves, and boots that cover your ankles will usually suffice. Snell approved 2000 and above helmet. Sticker is usually inside the helmet. DOT approval only will usually not fly.

Bike requirements are usually a kill switch that is teathered to your body. Lots of guys just buy a teather and screw a small sheet metal screw into the toggle switch on the right handle bar then connect the teather to it. There are aftermarket kill switches, Schnitz and a few others sell that are nice but are around 70 bucks. A chain guard that comes to at least the middle of your rear axle. The stock piece is usually fine. A place to put you racing number, most just right it on the seat or windshield, some have number plates attached. Several different ways to go about all the above. Good luck and remember... the fast guy doesn't always win. Run your number, cut a light and you'll be gutting them. :takeit:

Edited by Exit Wounds

Nope, they never paid him.. they wanted them to chase the promoters around to the next race to get paid, wouldn't even send it to them. Good luck running with them. :bs:

Hello all this is Brian from NHDRO (No Hatin' Drag Racin' Organization). I wanted to login and ask everyone to come out to the five race points series this season. As the flyer states all races will be at Kilkare race track in Dayton (Xenia) Ohio.

Now about this payout stuff. Every race we pay out 60% of all money collected for that class. At all 5 races last year we did the same thing. After the race we found out that Jim from trails had posted on their website that the Street ET class was paying a guranteed $900. We had 19 Bikes enter at $55 dollars ($1045) and paid out $655 (60%), $245 short of what was posted on the site. I apologized to the 1st (Teasley) and 2nd place (Burt)winners for shorting them and told then I would honor the amount that was posted on Trails site and pay them an additional ($145 to 1st and $100 to 2nd) at the Finals, they both agreed. I paid Teasley, but Burt didn't make it to the finals. So yes I do still owe Burt $100 but please dont think we would EVER not payout any of our races..

Just wanted to offer some clarity.

Now about the leathers for this season. I you run faster than 120 mph you have to have full leathers. If not you must have leather Jacket, shoes that cume past you ankle (boots) and gloves. I do the tech at the race so if you have any questions, let me know...

Hello all this is Brian from NHDRO (No Hatin' Drag Racin' Organization). I wanted to login and ask everyone to come out to the five race points series this season. As the flyer states all races will be at Kilkare race track in Dayton (Xenia) Ohio.

Now about this payout stuff. Every race we pay out 60% of all money collected for that class. At all 5 races last year we did the same thing. After the race we found out that Jim from trails had posted on their website that the Street ET class was paying a guranteed $900. We had 19 Bikes enter at $55 dollars ($1045) and paid out $655 (60%), $245 short of what was posted on the site. I apologized to the 1st (Teasley) and 2nd place (Burt)winners for shorting them and told then I would honor the amount that was posted on Trails site and pay them an additional ($145 to 1st and $100 to 2nd) at the Finals, they both agreed. I paid Teasley, but Burt didn't make it to the finals. So yes I do still owe Burt $100 but please dont think we would EVER not payout any of our races..

Now about the leathers for this season. I you run faster than 120 mph you have to have full leathers. If not you must have leather Jacket, shoes that cume past you ankle (boots) and gloves. I do the tech at the race so if you have any questions, let me know...

brian ur still gay lol mike still hasnt got paid for his wheelie contest he won lol for the fastest wheelie hahahahahahahahah

What is a stamp nowadays. .44 cents?

That said... I want to wish you guys the best of luck. I know things aren't always perfect. Thanks for trying to give us a bike race... it's challenging, I'm sure.

Edited by Exit Wounds

What is a stamp nowadays. .44 cents?

That said... I want to wish you guys the best of luck. I know things aren't always perfect. Thanks for trying to give us a bike race... it's challenging, I'm sure.

This is why there are no series in the midwest because of stupid stuff like this...

Not that this is anyones business (exit wounds) but Burt was to pick up his money at the final race and was unable to make it. I dont know the family and they didnt put any contact info on any of the tech cards. It's not like I'm running from him trying to avoid giving him 100 bucks. What I dont like is you posting making it sound like NHDRO doesnt pay the winners. I just talked to Burt last week and he doesnt seem to have a problem and said just give it to him when I see him. I got his address to mail it to him. He also says it was never a big deal nor was he trippin. Funny how someone who has nothing to do with this is the one making a big deal out of it. If you opt not to race thats fine, but why all the bullcrap throwin NHDRO under the bus. All i'm tryin to do is offer a quality points series in Ohio that caters to bikes and your try to f that up!! Dude it's 100 bucks

WOW!!!

This is why I race at Norwalk in a trophy class. Money makes things complicated.

Funny you say that. This is the 3rd year and 11th race for NHDRO and this $100 crap posted by Exit Wounds has been the only problem.

Edited by bdubb

This is why there are no series in the midwest because of stupid stuff like this...

Not that this is anyones business (exit wounds) but Burt was to pick up his money at the final race and was unable to make it. I dont know the family and they didnt put any contact info on any of the tech cards. It's not like I'm running from him trying to avoid giving him 100 bucks. What I dont like is you posting making it sound like NHDRO doesnt pay the winners. I just talked to Burt last week and he doesnt seem to have a problem and said just give it to him when I see him. I got his address to mail it to him. He also says it was never a big deal nor was he trippin. Funny how someone who has nothing to do with this is the one making a big deal out of it. If you opt not to race thats fine, but why all the bullcrap throwin NHDRO under the bus. All i'm tryin to do is offer a quality points series in Ohio that caters to bikes and your try to f that up!! Dude it's 100 bucks

WOW!!!

Um dude, from the observer position, it appears that you are the only one trippin.

Funny you say that. This is the 3rd year and 11th race for NHDRO and this $100 crap posted by Exit Wounds has been the only problem.

I am letting folks here know what happened from my perception of the events. My friends didn't get paid out, and they were expected to go out of their way to collect it.

I had no intention of speaking for the Burt's, you brought names into it. I did not get the impression that the $100 bucks meant much to them. It wouldn't have been to me either but I sure wouldn't expect to have to chase you down to the finals in Dayton to get it. Yes, it looks bad... yes, it can make people decide to stay away, it did me and others that I know. That's too bad for everyone and I am not trying to sound sarcastic when I say I wish you luck with the series, I do. Not sure if you'd noticed, I was the first to post about the series last year letting everyone know about it.

If the money didn't mean anything then I'm thinking it should have been fixed immediately. If it was me, I know I'd want it to be and I shouldn't have to spend my winnings in gas driving to collect it. If anything to keep any negative "Crap" from getting out and blown out of proportion which I'm sure is worth much more than a 2nd place purse. If you got their address and are going to send them their winnings then great. I'll let anyone I know that cares you are taking care of it.

I did get your PM. No, I will not call and listen to you bitch about my post. In an open forum like this you'll get good and bad, how you handle it is up to you my man.

Edited by Exit Wounds

I am letting folks here know what happened from my perception of the events. My friends didn't get paid out, and they were expected to go out of their way to collect it.

I had no intention of speaking for the Burt's, you brought names into it. I did not get the impression that the $100 bucks meant much to them. It wouldn't have been to me either but I sure wouldn't expect to have to chase you down to the finals in Dayton to get it. Yes, it looks bad... yes, it can make people decide to stay away, it did me and others that I know. That's too bad for everyone and I am not trying to sound sarcastic when I say I wish you luck with the series, I do. Not sure if you'd noticed, I was the first to post about the series last year letting everyone know about it.

If the money didn't mean anything then I'm thinking it should have been fixed immediately. If it was me, I know I'd want it to be and I shouldn't have to spend my winnings in gas driving to collect it. If anything to keep any negative "Crap" from getting out and blown out of proportion which I'm sure is worth much more than a 2nd place purse. If you got their address and are going to send them their winnings then great. I'll let anyone I know that cares you are taking care of it.

I did get your PM. No, I will not call and listen to you bitch about my post. In an open forum like this you'll get good and bad, how you handle it is up to you my man.

I wasnt asking you to call so I could bitch and moan, I wanted to see if there was anything I could do to change you impression of NHRO and maybe come race. No biggie. Thanks

Edited by bdubb

From a complete outsider's point of view:

I don't know either of the involved parties (Brian, the promoter, and Burt, the racer) nor do I know Exit Wounds.

Exit's friend didn't get all of his payout, and the payout seems to have been 2 different amounts, one that Brian posted, and one that someone else posted up somewhere. Brian talked to the two affected parties and came to an agreement to pay the higher amount - not the one he promised, but one that someone else promised.

Brian has said he has the additional money in hand and has made arrangements to get the money to Burt, either via the post office or the next time they see each other.

Sounds like a plan to me. As long as Brian does what he has said he will do, then everyone should be happy.

Brian's postings here make him seem like a stand-up guy. He's not running from the "controversy", he's addressing it and attempting to make the aggrieved party whole (a little legal lingo for Redkow...).

As that famous advocate for peace, Rodney King, once said: "People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along?"

As a side note to Brian: On your flyer the "Club Presidents free" and "Color Count for Most Repped Bike Club" sounds to me as if the Hell's Angels, Outlaws, et al will be in attendance. My 9 year old loves drag racing, but if that's the crowd that you're trying to attract then that's going to keep some "family" types (including me and Jr.) away. Of course, we won't buy nearly as much beer and thus add to your concession sales as much as "bikers" would, but we probably will buy more Dippin' Dots and cotton candy!