Cabela's

scottb

I was in Kansas City traveling for work earlier this week and stopped at Cabela's. That place rocks. I spent almost 2 hours in that place. I did not buy anything since I did want to deal with shipping or bringing something home the plane.

I was in Kansas City traveling for work earlier this week and stopped at Cabela's. That place rocks. I spent almost 2 hours in that place. I did not buy anything since I did want to deal with shipping or bringing something home the plane.

I wish we had one nearby... from what I hear it's like Disney World for guns, ammo and hunting!

I have been to that one in MI on my way to the racetrack. Cabela's website shows a location in Wheeling, WV. There was a nice used Kimber Crimson for 1K.....

Yeah, I have been to the one in Wheeling a couple of times. It's like a grown man's Toy R Us. Bought my pistol lockbox for my car there.

I wish we had one nearby... from what I hear it's like Disney World for guns, ammo and hunting!

Funny you should request that.... Duhhhh

There's one in Dundee, MI. 20 min inside the border on US-23 N ;)

'Bout an hour from me. Been by it a hundred times, & inside several. The Dundee one was/is their flagship store. Amazing how busy that place always is. Got a great deal on some insulated Carhart bibs back when I started on the railroad. Easter time, & they were having a sidewalk sale.... Picked them up for $50. Later that year when I was walking trains & busting the ground for hours in sub zero temps.... I remembered "warmly" that sidewalk sale & my non seasonal bargain!! :cool:

They exchanged another pair of denim bibs for me, with a bad clasp, that were greasy dirty from work.... No questions asked

If you wanna head up there sometime Matt, let me know. Haven't been in for years now

Edited by Fonzie

The one in Kansas city is one of their largest signature stores and if memory serves me holds the largest collection of some of the biggest deer ever taken on record. Not to mention if you went in the private gun room and saw some of the rifles and shotguns priced at over $100,000