Aprilia RSV4 recall... NOT GOOD!

Dubguy85

your just a downer to prove your right on everything arent you? love telling people that their Opinion is wrong and you are a supreme being in your knowledge.. lol :popcorn: i can wait to see what you bash next!

I'm not bashing. You put words in my mouth in the other thread and I explained my knowledge on the subject matter. You thinking rubber brake lines causes brake fade is incorrect. Sorry if I hurt your mangina.

RSV and others: I'm not trying to say that Aprilia makes shitty bikes. I am saying that public perception of them is more negative than positive and this recent problem is very damning.

When you talk about Aprilia with many people, their struggles, issues, or quirks always seem to come up. How often are you talking to somebody about a 370Z and you hear this: "Man, I wanna like nissan, but that damn altima rod bearing issue has me worried."?

When you talk about Aprilia with many people, their struggles, issues, or quirks always seem to come up. How often are you talking to somebody about a 370Z and you hear this: "Man, I wanna like nissan, but that damn altima rod bearing issue has me worried."?

Actually, one usually hears: "Nice Ar-pill-a...Who makes that?"

I don't know a lot of people that own Apes' date=' but those that I know that do only have great things to say. There are 4 peeps on this board that roll Apes with only virtuous things to say. I'm in the camp of people that talk shit about Italian bikes being crap have never owned, ridden or even sat on one. There are tons of stories on teh interwebz regarding the unfortunate side of owning an exotic bike. I wonder what that ratio would look like if everyone that owned an Italian bike and never had an issue started a thread about it?[/quote']

Can I get an Amen?!

I don't know a lot of people that own Apes' date=' but those that I know that do only have great things to say. There are 4 peeps on this board that roll Apes with only virtuous things to say. I'm in the camp of people that talk shit about Italian bikes being crap have never owned, ridden or even sat on one. There are tons of stories on teh interwebz regarding the unfortunate side of owning an exotic bike. I wonder what that ratio would look like if everyone that owned an Italian bike and never had an issue started a thread about it?[/quote']

I don't disagree with this in the least. I'm talking public opinion here. When has the facts ever had anything to do with that?

Actually, one usually hears: "Nice Ar-pill-a...Who makes that?"

:lol: I had a guy at a gas station come up to me one day and go, "That's a great lookin' bike. What model Honda is that?" Before I could figure out how to answer he goes, "What kind of motor does Honda put in there nowadays?"

:wtf:

I'm not sensitive and I wouldn't neg rep you. I am passionate though. :D

Personally I'm okay with Aprilia not going mainstream, more exclusivity for moi. But when you start improving more and more you tend to get noticed. I don't think this is going to kill RSV4 sales. Most people who have the money for these bikes are not out looking for the best in class at the cheapest price with the best reliability. They know what they want and they're going to buy it.

Edited by RSVDon

I Iron Butted to Deal's Gap and hit it a dozen times or so, rode the Skyway and some other roads with some local Aprilia Forum riders, and came back in the space of three days. Then hit a track day at Mid Ohio three days later. Yeah, I had to fix a couple things after the ride to get ready for the track day....

A new set of Bridgestones' did the trick.

And debate Aprilia's role in the 250 class. Honda had to do away with it to again become a smaller displacement force, barring Aoyama. Simoncelli, Bautista, Biaggi, even Rossi... They even had some good finishes with Corser a few years back on the RSVR SP.

And it's the clutch that sounds crap, IP...:p

to zach's credit, the moment aprilia tried to bring the motor in house, they had major, wide spread issues. when they had the rotax mill, it wasn't such a big deal. actually, the only issue major issue they had was the swing arm on the early RSVR's. I think aprilia made the swingarms (lol)

the fact that they are able to make this V4 motor with the power and torque and fuel efficiency is amazing. It sounds like there was a bad batch from a supplied component, and while their QC should've caught it before it went in, they are doing the right thing and replacing the whole motor. Many larger companies might not be so forthcoming. In fact, they might just let a few accidents happen and then take care of it as the reports come in.

Anyways, ANY first generation anything has problems. To aprilia's credit, when they DO have a problem, they fix it, no excuses.