Biker in Florida Pulled Over for Wearing a Gladiator Helmet

Casper

Pretty interesting lid I'll say. Does it have a cert stamp on it?

Best part of the article... pretty squidly statement

What Guenther wants

Guenther feels that she and her husband were unfairly targeted by what she describes as "a young officer jealous of a cool bike and a cool helmet looking for a reason to pull us over." What she wants is for the department to apologize and make clear that a biker protecting his face is not breaking any laws.

Dude broke the law by wearing it, if he didn't wear anything he'd be legal :-D

only if he has enough medical insurance (FL law requires $10k for you to ride w/o a helmet), but yeah, i do find it kind of ironic that they're ticketing people for wearing helmets, no matter how ridiculous.

Stupid as the couple sounds, they're right about it being no different than a typical full-face helmet with a tinted visor. I'd be surprised if the prosecutor doesn't agree, and drop it.

It probably looked so odd when he saw it from a distance that he wanted to check it out and see if these people were fruit loops. Once he pulled them over, he probably figured he needed some cause and that was the best thing he could come up with. He only gave them a warning, so it's not like its that big of a deal to them other than lost time.

LOL...who would wear that ghey of a helmet anyway?

That was the first thought I had when seeing the picture.

only if he has enough medical insurance (FL law requires $10k for you to ride w/o a helmet), but yeah, i do find it kind of ironic that they're ticketing people for wearing helmets, no matter how ridiculous.

Stupid as the couple sounds, they're right about it being no different than a typical full-face helmet with a tinted visor. I'd be surprised if the prosecutor doesn't agree, and drop it.

No, they are wrong. That is nothing like a full-face helmet. I would rather not wear a helmet than wear that piece of crap. I bet it would shatter upon any kind of impact sending shards of plastic into his face. The cop made the right call.

cop made a stupid call. No helmets are needed in FL and its the guys life so let him live it. I agree dude is lame,but he can wear whatever he wants its his life. If the covering face law is real then all riders would have to throw away their full face helmets.

No, they are wrong. That is nothing like a full-face helmet. I would rather not wear a helmet than wear that piece of crap. I bet it would shatter upon any kind of impact sending shards of plastic into his face. The cop made the right call.

and sun glasses are "eye protection?" give me a break...

he was being hassled about concealing his face, not the protective value of the face shield.

and sun glasses are "eye protection?" give me a break...

he was being hassled about concealing his face, not the protective value of the face shield.

I don't consider sun glasses alone to be enough protection either. The cop puller over a guy being a dumbass. Either choose to wear a DOT approved helmet, or wear nothing if the law allows it. I really don't see how this guy thinks he's right.