any web designers?

oldschoolsdime92

Based upon the amount of content there (not a lot, file-size wise), you could find one of the big name companies (GoDaddy, 1and1, etc.) that would host it for $50/year.

If the "regular" updates are only twice/month uploading of a .PDF file, anyone could do that - it doesn't take a "webmaster" to FTP a file.

Our association management company lists their web maintenance at something REDICULOUS like 3,000 a year.... and it's nothing more than a portal site.

I'll host it for $1500/annum - you get me the deal and I'll kick $500 back to ya....

Our association management company lists their web maintenance at something REDICULOUS like 3,000 a year.... and it's nothing more than a portal site.

You do realize most companies have a full time employees who do nothing but the "portal" right? These people usually get paid around $50k+/yr.

You do realize most companies have a full time employees who do nothing but the "portal" right? These people usually get paid around $50k+/yr.

Yes, and that's why there is a problem with it, any monkey with a stick can do the job.

It's a pre-built portal site. And all it does is allow residents to login, and post on a message board. And there are announcements. Nothing a secretary/volunteer/temp couldn't do.

I can tell you what the government pays me to update our office website, and it ain't nearly that much.

Initial Cost for setup is the hefty fee.

Updates shouldn't cost you more than $60/hr. It doesn't take that long to make changes. I've been out of the website business for a while now, so my prices are probably waaay off of what they charge now.

Yes, and that's why there is a problem with it, any monkey with a stick can do the job.

It's a pre-built portal site. And all it does is allow residents to login, and post on a message board. And there are announcements. Nothing a secretary/volunteer/temp couldn't do.

The average pay for a secretary right now is around $15/hr. Say, 10 hours per month which isn't ridiculous. 2.5hrs/week. So that's $1950/yr. Add to that workers comp and all the other crap employers have to pay for, and you're looking at right around $3900/yr.

So hire a temp. Temps cost a company around $25 - $50/hr. No, they don't make that much, but the company pimping them out does. Temps change frequently, so you'd constantly be retraining. Add the cost of training hours to that, and it's a worse idea than the secretary doing it.

And as for a volunteer doing it, well, volunteer.

The average pay for a secretary right now is around $15/hr. Say, 10 hours per month which isn't ridiculous. 2.5hrs/week. So that's $1950/yr. Add to that workers comp and all the other crap employers have to pay for, and you're looking at right around $3900/yr.

So hire a temp. Temps cost a company around $25 - $50/hr. No, they don't make that much, but the company pimping them out does. Temps change frequently, so you'd constantly be retraining. Add the cost of training hours to that, and it's a worse idea than the secretary doing it.

And as for a volunteer doing it, well, volunteer.

I did volunteer to post stuff. It's literally 2-3 documents a year. PDF uploaded to the site... done. But why take a volunteer when they can charge us $3,000?

Not enough info to give you a real guess.

Caspers numbers for the actual person seem about right.

Part time work as long as you don't have an official that wants to pester them all day with things like...

"Could you move that comma to here and install a flaming rolling logo here, and could we try this sentence with a different font...."

As the web help runs screaming for the exit.

You think any monkey with a stick can manage an enterprise portal?

Maybe the little thing you guys use, but there are real skills needed for larger implementations.

You're asking designers a question for developers. The developer answer to this question is: I'll make you a secure page to login to your own website, post your files in a user friendly environment, and auto-update anything on the website.