Bicycles

garysol1

So who here is also a bicyclist. I am an avid road cyclist for three seasons and during the forth I head indoors to ride at Ray's indoor Mountain Bike Park.

My typical season will see me pedaling 8,000 to 10,000 miles a year. This year I may pedal a bit less so I can enjoy more time on the motorcycle......anyone else?

Edited by garysol1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old school Fat Chance Yo Eddy with XTR, and a Cannondale R900 roadie with Campagnolo Chorus bits. Portsmouth yearly since I was a teen, and weather dependent ride from Grandview to Powell daily to get to work.

Raced BMX through 18x, mountainbike racing regionally, and did my first crit last year on the road bike.

We have these on OSU's campus too. They have a course layed out on the same lot they do the sport car rallies. I'm still learning the gamesmanship of them. Best finish is a second, after leading the whole race. As I said, still learning the gamesmanship...:mad:

We have these on OSU's campus too. They have a course layed out on the same lot they do the sport car rallies. I'm still learning the gamesmanship of them. Best finish is a second, after leading the whole race. As I said, still learning the gamesmanship...:mad:

I see your mistake :)

I see your mistake :)

Nobody ever wants to step up at the start! I know... But it always seemed it was a race to see who could go the slowest to the first corner. I think I'm going to gap it, and then drift wide on a turn two laps from the end, then charge the last corner... We'll see. :p

Nobody ever wants to step up at the start! I know... But it always seemed it was a race to see who could go the slowest to the first corner. I think I'm going to gap it, and then drift wide on a turn two laps from the end, then charge the last corner... We'll see. :p

Be easy with the gapping. You NEVER want to be marked as one of the strong guys.....

I typically like to stay close enough to the front to see the #1 guy but far enough back to stay out of the rotation. I always watch to see who is strongest and then try to get his wheel on the last lap. Sometimes it works.....sometimes it doesn't :p

I yell out the window or out the helmet at the lance wanna bes by my house. No disrespect to you. I am sure your not one of the speedo guys riding 15mph in the middle of the road three bikes wide when I am trying to run the park on my motorcycle that won't move out of the way when the bike path is empty? I have a diamond back i ride in the mud by my house sometimes but I am far to out of shpe LOL

I yell out the window or out the helmet at the lance wanna bes by my house. No disrespect to you. I am sure your not one of the speedo guys riding 15mph in the middle of the road three bikes wide when I am trying to run the park on my motorcycle that won't move out of the way when the bike path is empty? I have a diamond back i ride in the mud by my house sometimes but I am far to out of shpe LOL

+1. They do it in CW all summer too. I have no use for spandex wearing yuppies on the road when the city has spent tons on a hundred miles of paved bike path.

You wear the spandex?

Before we got the motorcycles my wife and I rode mountain bikes a bit, we rode in the ADA Tour de Cure a couple years (30mile course).

We haven't rode to much since we got the mc's :p, to much seat time on the mc's! But I think we might ride the tour de cure again this year.

Edited by SWing'R

Hey share the road Max LOL! Windsheild wiper fluid squirts real nice on my car to the right side?! If they spend all that moneys to build a damn bike path why does no one use it? I might just start riding my motorcycle on the bike path less bikes on it then the road has?

That would be fun, but yeah, every summer our roads are clogged by dipshits riding 30 to a pack in 4 wide gaggles on the country roads. Its fucking annoying that they cant even figure out that single file will get lots less shit thrown at them.

Homophobic much? It's ok.

You're the one riding a bicycle in spandex bubby. I suppose you shave down to swim too huh? :rolleyes:

Edited by max power

You're the one riding a bicycle in spandex bubby. I suppose you shave down to swim too huh? :rolleyes:

That makes no sense what you just said....I don't see any connection but then again I didn't expect you to have anything intelligent to say........not that you could if you had to.

That makes no sense what you just said....I don't see any connection but then again I didn't expect you to have anything intelligent to say........not that you could if you had to.

Wut? :wtf:

You seem pretty sensitive on the subject of your choice in summerwear. But I guess thats because you're:supergay:

Wut? :wtf:

You seem pretty sensitive on the subject of your choice in summerwear. But I guess thats because you're:supergay:

Sensitive....? No. You humor and entertain me though. Tell me why your so infatuated with calling people gay? I bet when you were young, an uncle touched you there and you liked it. I am right aren't I?

I ride my old team's colours still, and it is lycra. And when racing, my legs are smoother than my girlfriend's. And I've pulled a guy from a car at a light for throwing things at me. And I like techno at times too... :o

Respect. I have no problem helping others learn the true implications of the word. Lol!:D

I have no use for 15 miles of trail. Many like me ride hundreds to thousands of miles a season.