FS: Chatterbox FRS X2 Full Face $150

InyaAzz

This thing is like new. I've only used it twice. No use sitting on my shelf collecting dust.

DSCN2805.jpg

DSCN2804.jpg

Here are the details:

Features and Benefits

• Compatible with full- or open-face helmets
  • Tough, water-resistant casing
  • Up to 2 miles of coverage
  • 14 channels
  • 38 talk groups
  • Noise-reducing headset
  • Large, illuminated LCD display
  • Can be either voice (VOX) or push-to-talk (PTT) activated
  • Full duplex intercom so you can talk to a passenger
  • Audio input with full stereo sound
  • Auxiliary input for connecting a cell phone
  • High-capacity, rechargeable NiMH battery
  • Radar detector
  • Voice-prompted GPS input

EDIT: I found the bracket. Disregard earlier nonsense.

Edited by InyaAzz

Thanks Tod.

Lenko says he's interested, but I haven't heard anything else from him.

Unless I have an agreement in place to sell this to someone, or have cash in hand, it's still for sale if anyone else is interested.

No offense to anyone, but I've danced this dance many times and cash is always the best song.

• 4 months later...

How did you like it when you had it Udelle? Did you get to play with it much to get a good opinion?

Sam & I are doin' our homework on these

I didn't use it in Ohio at all. No one on OR or outside of OR seemed to use em. I did use it frequently when riding with Detroit Sport Bikes.

Mic placement in the helmet and adjusting the sensitivity where the two biggest issues. Also keep in mind this is the older unit. The newer smaller units may behave differently.

I was completely satisfied with it. The battery life was decent. Never had a problem with that. I was able to hear the other riders clearly and from a good distance. I mostly used the voice operated method of talking...where you just speak and the channel is opened automatically. This is where adjusting the sensitivity properly is very important. I would have to repeat the first word I was saying, or just make a loud noise so the channel would open ..before talking. Otherwise if you just started your sentence normally the first word or two would be lost in the time it took the system to detect your voice and open the mic.

Make sure your helmet can host the speakers! I had an old HJC helmet and it fit perfectly. My Shoei? No such luck. I didn't see any way to get the speakers in without permanently modifying the helmet.