Aprilia RSV4 vs BMW S1000RR real world racing

RSVDon

It seems as though the rider of the BMW is just grabbing handfuls of throttle and letting the ABS and TC sort out the rest. Doesn't seem like the fastest way around the track if you ask me. But then again I've never been on the track with a bike.

• 3 weeks later...

I would give my left nut and a smidgen of my right one for either bike, but would rather have the BMW. I've seen dynos of the bike now that''s it's released and it puts out 183whp. BMW was sandbagging the HP figures at 193 as to not have a bike in Europe hitting the 200hp mark which is REALLY what it has. Just over 400lbs dry, traction control, wheelie control, variable ABS, on demand ECU mapping and shift assist! HOLY CRAP!

Thanks for posting this. Watching videos of people riding motorcycles is all I have.

Yeah no joke man. It's bad. And I don't think Dayton is going to be getting that 50 degree riding weather this time by the first week of march. I'm going nuts!

I would give my left nut and a smidgen of my right one for either bike, but would rather have the BMW. I've seen dynos of the bike now that''s it's released and it puts out 183whp. BMW was sandbagging the HP figures at 193 as to not have a bike in Europe hitting the 200hp mark which is REALLY what it has. Just over 400lbs dry, traction control, wheelie control, variable ABS, on demand ECU mapping and shift assist! HOLY CRAP!

And despite this, neither Troy Corser nor Reuben Xaus could put it on a podium once...:beathorse:

Yeah, I ride an Aprilia. So what? :lol::lol:

And despite this, neither Troy Corser nor Reuben Xaus could put it on a podium once...:beathorse:

Yeah, I ride an Aprilia. So what? :lol::lol:

I would blame the setup and the rider, not the bike on that one. Don't get me wrong I love the Aprilia (alothough the RSV4 had a rocky start blowing engines left and right) , but the BMW just set the bar for liter bikes pretty damn high with the s1000rr. Japan will be playing catch-up for the next few years I imagine.

Edited by ShankroidBeast

Yeah, Corser can't set a bike to save his life, and Xaus haz no skillz...:p

In my defense I did put "setup" before rider. You can have the fastest car with the best suspension and if it's setup for racing wrong you might as well tie it to a tree stump. Besides it was it's first year.

In the REAL world to the majority of us is riding on the street 99% of the time. In that setting, the BMW will stomp on that Aprilia and squeak out rotten spaghetti smelling farts :D

In my defense I did put "setup" before rider. You can have the fastest car with the best suspension and if it's setup for racing wrong you might as well tie it to a tree stump. Besides it was it's first year.

In the REAL world to the majority of us is riding on the street 99% of the time. In that setting, the BMW will stomp on that Aprilia and squeak out rotten spaghetti smelling farts :D

It's also the RSV4's first year out. ;)

And in the real world, I give the nod to the aprilia. It may not have the straight line speed of the S but it has balance, and plenty of it's own power. That S1000 was super-intrusive with the traction control, wheelie control, etc and the ape has none of those. It's pure. It delivers smooth power pulses to the rear through an ideal V4 arrangement and definitely isn't lacking in the grunt category. Also, the fact that the S1000rr is using so many gadgets to go fast and the aprilia is faster just due to the rider says something about riding the ape. You have to be good and it makes no exceptions for idiots like the BMW will.

i found it more interesting when the BMW was following, so you can see the brake light on the Ape.

did anyone else find the shift light annoying as hell? it looks like it comes on at 9k, even though readline is more like 14k

Or lack thereof? Lol

The shift light I'm guessing also does double duty as an operational signal for traction control/ABS so you can see when it's working. I'm guessing it would stop flashing if the bike was put into "slick" mode for racing where it would dial down lean control, wheelie control, stoppie control, traction control, and ABS to their minimum values.

Just a guess.