Smilies not working ?

MidgetTodd

I do that to give you techie enginerd geeks more of a challenge. ...... Read some posts, bunch of red x's were da smilies be got to post a reply and look at all da smilie's in da list half are blank or x's der ya happy Hammer ? ...... I'd put a smilie here but it no werkie

I do that to give you techie enginerd geeks more of a challenge. ...... Read some posts, bunch of red x's were da smilies be got to post a reply and look at all da smilie's in da list half are blank or x's der ya happy Hammer ? ...... I'd put a smilie here but it no werkie

Damn! Hammer down on the typing cat!

I haven't noticed it with smilies, but for some reason, 614 paintworks logo on the right side of the home page is being intermittent. It was coming up with a red "X", I clicked on it and went back using the back button and it was ok. Refresh and it was gone.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the need to upgrade that Casper was talking about before. We're taxing the server!

I see what he's saying now, screenshot included.

Also interesting note while trying to troubleshoot it... some smilies are .net some are .com

Notice, the .net forwards to .com. Maybe they're "lost" on the .net side? I'm not sure how it's all configured, nor do I want to even go there, but that is some useful information, most likey.

fwiw, I refresh/change pages and now the smilies work just fine....

very odd.

Edit: Headers show 304 results on most smilies, but some smilies show 301. Seems to be the .NET ones are returning 301

That explains EVERYTHING. I'll have that taken care of shortly. It's all on how your browser handles redirects. www.ohioriders.net and www.ohio-riders.net are redirected to www.ohio-riders.com.

I fixed a lot of them. I'll worry about the rest another time, probably when we do the upgrade. Problem was different smilies were added at different times. When the first ones were added, the domain was www.ohioriders.net, so the pathes were http://www.ohioriders.net/images/smilies/biggrin.gif. Then we went to http://www.ohio-riders.net/images/smilies/biggrin.gif. And now http://www.ohio-riders.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif. Both of the .net domains are set to 301 redirects. I simply changed the path of the smilies to /images/smilies/biggrin.gif. This should take care of the immediate problem, and prevent it from happening again. Should.