Which tire is the better tire?

Zoner1320

Yeah, mileage is a big thing to consider in buying a tire. I honestly don't know why I get so many miles out of a tire because it's not like I fall way behind everyone while riding. I think it's all in how you accelerate from a stop and brake. Heck I was running a set of Power Race (C front and D rear) race take-off's and I still had over 4000 street miles on them plus the 100 race laps and they still had a lot left in them. I just switched them out for regular street tires when I moved here figuring the street tires would be better than race tires in the rain.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still had over 4000 street miles on them plus the 100 race laps and they still had a lot left in them.

100 race laps plus 4,000 miles!?!? Race laps or track day laps? I have heard the new ONEs could do 100 race laps but then add 4,000 miles? I don't accelerate hard from stops or brake much when riding with the exception of 255 & 536. I'm definitely doing something wrong.

100 race laps plus 4,000 miles!?!? Race laps or track day laps? I have heard the new ONEs could do 100 race laps but then add 4,000 miles? I don't accelerate hard from stops or brake much when riding with the exception of 255 & 536. I'm definitely doing something wrong.

The 100 laps was probably about half practice laps and half race laps. I told you, I'm a freak of nature when it comes to my tires. Those laps weren't my fastest but that was hanging with most of the expert group in Middleweight Superbike, Supersport, and GP classes. So it's not like I took it easy on them.

I find all that hard to belive..... odometer error or truth stretcher ?

I know it's hard to believe, but I'm very easy on my equipment. You can ask the guys I rode with out there and verify if you want to. There will be a little bit of a speedo error in it because I was down 1 tooth in the front and up 1 in the rear. I hardly ever have to buy tires. They just last me a long time.

You must ride smooth as silk; I guess it can be done. Can you come over and fondle my bike too? I haven’t even started riding this new 1K yet I am anticipating getting less than 1,800 out of a rear. You need to stop telling me this shit.

Is your avatar picture of you? You ride expert?

I know it's hard to believe, but I'm very easy on my equipment. You can ask the guys I rode with out there and verify if you want to. There will be a little bit of a speedo error in it because I was down 1 tooth in the front and up 1 in the rear. I hardly ever have to buy tires. They just last me a long time.

can you have "how to ride fast without burning up tires" seminars?

i'd love to be able to get that sort of mileage out of a tire (though my rubbers usage isn't all bad... yet. but that's cause i'm still slower than geriatric jesus)

You must ride smooth as silk; I guess it can be done. Can you come over and fondle my bike too? I haven’t even started riding this new 1K yet I am anticipating getting less than 1,800 out of a rear. You need to stop telling me this shit.

Is your avatar picture of you? You ride expert?

Yes, that's me. I have been racing expert for 2 years and then just 1 round in '09 because of finances. I finally qualified for my AMA license and then they changed the rules and said I'm too old for Supersport:rolleyes:

another racer here!!! Welcome man! I go through a rear every race weekend. The center is still new so i guess it could highway commute for a couple thousand? U going to come racing around here with wera?

I'm hoping to start racing with WERA or whatever org is out here to race with. It will be awhile though because I had to sell my tire warmers and generator to pay rent after getting laid off. But I'm hopelessly addicted to racing. I was CCS/SW #9 last year, so I guess I was doing ok. I probably suck now that I haven't been on the track for awhile.

Im -1 +1 on mine and the speedo was off 17mph at freeway speeds, thats alot over a year.

If yours was off by 17MPH at lets say 80Mph, that's a 20% difference!!!!!!

Let's say you went 4000 miles...hypothetically of course....that would mean you only went 3200 actual miles.

The faster you go, the higher the ratio is. On, lets say...a track..you would be in the higher ratio range the majority of the time.

I found that my bike recorded 1.1 miles for every 1 mile I rode. So for every 11 miles, I was actually going 10. And that means that for every 11 mph I was traveling, I was actually going 10. So at 66 mph, I was actually going 60. Or at least pretty darn close to it. So the mileage is off a bit but not an extraordinary amount.

can you have "how to ride fast without burning up tires" seminars?

I'd love to be able to get that sort of mileage out of a tire

I raced CCS in 2008 but was a mid pack amateur and would never be able to run a set of takeoffs on my street bike. You're the man if you have tire left running an expert pace.

You daredevils actually get above 70mph on your steel steeds? OMFG! :eek:

Only if there is some squid behind me on a twin.

Only on closed courses under strictly controlled circumstances

Or any southeast road containing three digits to describe it.

Edited by Uncle Punk

I do have a GPS now so I will have to try that. I got my estimates based on measuring a 1 mile ride and seeing how much my bike recorded. (phoenix is set up on a grid system so the main roads are all 1 mile apart and pretty easy to get a good estimate on a 1 mile distance) I also tested it in quite a few areas just for comparison and got the same thing all the time. I also would test it at different speeds past the police department speed warning systems to check my estimates to see if they were close and they always seemed to be. I'll try it with my GPS as soon as the snow is gone and see what it comes up with though.