bike problems...

MrMiyagi

Got a 2003 Yamaha R6. Took it for a long ride from Pittsburgh to Columbus to save some gas. When I got into town and was stuck in traffic I noticed I lost alot of power under 4 grand. The sound from the exhaust sounds like its "chugging" too. Added some fuel injector cleaning fluid to see if that works but I don't think it will. It's only got 8,000 miles on it. Any ideas before I take it to the shop?

Forget the 10R, they'll just be chasing you down on the straights because the can't keep up in the twisties, sorry Farva, that was for you :)>

My son, Clutch, rides an 05 R6, he may be able to help you there, try him. The only problem may be getting a hold of him. He gets online about as much as kawboy flosses with cothes line. PM me I'll give you his number.

Pops

Speaking of gas. On a recent road trip to Pittsburgh we all stopped for fuel just before the W Virginia line. There was a fuel truck about to fill up the tanks. He came over and checked out our bikes and said he'd wait until we topped off before dumping. He told us that if you fill up while they're dumping it stirs up the tanks and you stand a better chance of getting sediment in your tank. And I thought you only got bad gas from Red Robin's burritos.

Pops

So I'm hopefully. I was running the problem through my head over and over and couldnt figure out how it would run fine at higher RPM and not at lower. Just like you said pops, I think it was the gas. I started her today and it sounded 75% better and got alot of my power back. I hope through the next tank or two i'll be 100%. Must have been that sediment issue, or someone screwed up and put unleaded in the premium.