Iran is now a 'nuclear state'

Strictly Street

Iran is now a 'nuclear state', President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced this morning.

As Gordon Brown warned that the world's patience is wearing thin, Ahmadinejad told scores of cheering Iranians that the Islamic Republic is capable of producing weapons-grade uranium.

He spoke as tens of thousands of people took to the streets in Tehran to mark the 31st anniversary of the Islamic revolution.

Despite fears of violence, opposition supporters found themselves largely overwhelmed by the clerical regime and pro-government demonstrators.

The massive security clampdown appeared to succeed in preventing protesters from converging into a cohesive demonstrations.

Large numbers of riot police, members of the Revolutionary Guard and Basij militiamen, some on motorcycles, deployed in back streets near key squares and major avenues in the capital to move against protesters.

picture.php?albumid=620&pictureid=6548&thumb=1

The Iranian leader insisted the material was not intended to produce an atomic bomb, however.

'We have the capability to enrich uranium more than 20 percent or 80 percent (the level needed to create an atomic bomb),' he said in a speech broadcast live on state television.

'But we don't enrich (to this level) because we don't need it...

When we say we do not manufacture the bomb, we mean it, and we do not believe in manufacturing a bomb,' he told the crowd. 'If we wanted to manufacture a bomb we would announce it.'

------

This weeks sale: nice cheap glow-in-the-dark real estate in Israel.

Next weeks sale: nice cheap glow-in-the-dark real estate in Iran.

What could possibly go wrong?

This just in, GM invents new car that runs on radioactive gasoline.

Film at 11.

He's a calculating bastard.

One thing's for sure, every move Iran makes is well thought out before hand.

The worst thing Israel could do is launch a preemptive strike. This is EXACTLY what Iran is waiting for. When that happens, THEN they will say that they need a nuke to defend against Israel. Please...bookmark this link and mark my words.

Same shit different year... does anyone really still believe Iran has nuclear weapons? Surrounding nations have some of the best intelligence units in the world and Iran still exists...

I think the claims of Iran's power is vastly exaggerated... but we'll see

Same shit different year... does anyone really still believe Iran has nuclear weapons? Surrounding nations have some of the best intelligence units in the world and Iran still exists...

I believe they have the capability of enriching to that level........ I've seen pics of their equipment........ trust me.... they can do it.

No one is saying they have weapons, but ehy have the capability to enrich to weapons grade levels.

Their efficiency may be slightly exaggerated, but that's my point. They are TRYING to make Israel throw the first punch. If Israel strikes first, they're not going to find a lot of support outside of the US. Even the US is going to distance themselves from that. That's all Iran needs...that will be the reason to say ..BOOM...here's the bomb. See?? We need it because of Israel's aggression.

I'm telling you..Iran has thought this out very very carefully. They might be a little crazy (relative), but the Persians are FAR from stupid.