'98 Smokin' Joes F3

flyboy1011

http://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/1582498392.html

Stubled across this on CL and thought I'd share for anyone interested. I've always loved the smokin' joes and if I could afford it right now I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'm broke tho. :( Anyone else a big fan of these?

I guess it's kind of collectible, but $3300 sounds high to me... My RR cost me $3300 with a penske shock, GMD computrack fork internals, a full titanium exhaust, etc.

Are these so collectible that it's really worth $3k?

I just have a hard time believing that ANY bike from 1998 (even with 100 miles) is worth that much when you can buy something newer for the same price.

mint condition it is, but doesn't a scratched engine cover means that the bike was down ? " i beleive i see scratchs on the engine cover thingy "

and with not a scratch on plastic..... is it a real smokin joe or just plastics ? or is that what it meant to be just a paint ?

i was actually looking at this before buying my bike. He is a really nice guy and has owned it since new. He has been very meticulous when it comes to maintenance. Also if you look it up in bluebook, i think it is listed under the se edition. since it is a special edition. when i talked to him, he also said that he would throw in a jacket and come down on the price.

I guess i just wasn't into bikes when this was a big deal. Having owned an F2, I saw the "smokin joe's" replica body kits all over the place while i was pricing race bodywork.

I'm sure what he's got is relatively rare, it's just not exciting to me. I wish the guy luck with the sale, but I don't think it's quite "classic" yet.