3rd Time in 4 years...

r1crusher

That my bike has been backed into....:mad: So I take a ride over to the Zuki dealership to find out what the deal is with my recall parts coming in. Take care of business there (Thurs. 4:30 to get it done) and I decided to take stop over a good friends place right down the road. Stop over and watched a movie but during that his neighbor stopped over because he's having problems with his computer. So I tell him I'll stop over after we're done watching the movie. Movie finished and I head next door not giving any thought that I was parked behind my friends F-150 truck. So I'm checking this computer over and I hear that unmistakable sound of plastic crunching and breaking. I immediately stop and ask if his neighbor heard it. He said it was his son slamming a door in the house. I told him it wasn't a door closing, it sounded like someone just hit my bike. So we get up and take a look out the front door. Well...there the bike was just like I though I had left it. My buddies comes in and starts to say something and I instantly said, "You backed into my bike...AGAIN...didn't you." He said yes. That's right...this is the 2ND time he's done it. So it didn't tip over but he did manage to push it back, IN GEAR and ON THE STAND no less, almost 2 feet. It's was just as much my fault as it was his. He's been my best friend for more than 14 years and I wasn't really mad at him. We all have insurance and that's what it's for. So after some good inspection this morning I need a headlight, complete upper assembly, both orange side cowls, rectifier, upper fork tube body, and fender. I don't know if the stay for the headlight is bent so I'll have to take it apart to see. Now that some decent late season weather is here my bike is all facked up. I need to just find a new fender for now so it's now so I can keep riding it. So my '01 was backed into twice, one in Mentor while I was ther on business and once by my buddy and now my 4 month old '07 by my bud. Must just be my thing I guess.

I wouldnt be riding it if you need a fork tube...

Shitty situation though... that sucks..

Well....its more of a nick than anything else. I rode it home and it seemed fine, not leaking oil or anything like that. I'm trying to get a hold of the guy that gave me the estimate last time. He took care of me right, a little extra labor here, don't really need to replace that part there but we'll put it in...next thing ya know I had my deductable covered.

I started shopping for parts online already, but I can't find anything on the price for the fork tube body (upper or outer tube). I'm figuring if it's going to get rebuild I might as well have them both revalved and sprung for me. Everything else I can get on ebay for cheap and do myself.