Iranian President banned from "Ground Zero"

Casper

I was there a year after sept 11th happened. It was the most heart wrenching thing I have ever seen. I had been there before and had even stayed in the hilton that was located in a smaller buiding that was part of the trade center complex. To see a giant hole instead of two skyscrapers was a hard concept to grasp. There were makeshift memorials everywhere, badges and patches from what seemed to be every police, fire dept and military unit ever.

There were letters from childen to their parents who died that day one that still brings tears to my eyes said "I miss you daddy when are you coming home"

Amongst the thousands of teary eyed americans white black tan everything you could imagine, I saw a group of people who looked like they were at disney land posing like they were with mickey mouse. The person that was taking the photo was knocked off balance by a somebody walking by who disapproved of what they were doing. I am not sure if my little shove was called for or if I was out of line.

"It is appalling that President Ahmadinejad, one of the world's leading sponsors of terror, would find it appropriate to visit this hallowed ground," State Department spokesman Tom Casey said.

If that is the case then why is he even here?!?!?! If this is such a bad dude then why not prevent him from entering the country? Why have this 'diplomatic' meetings in such? I think this whole thing smells fishy. I think its being hyped up just to show once again that the U.S. is being "tough on those damn terrorists thugs."

"It is appalling that President Ahmadinejad, one of the world's leading sponsors of terror, would find it appropriate to visit this hallowed ground," State Department spokesman Tom Casey said.

If that is the case then why is he even here?!?!?! If this is such a bad dude then why not prevent him from entering the country? Why have this 'diplomatic' meetings in such? I think this whole thing smells fishy. I think its being hyped up just to show once again that the U.S. is being "tough on those damn terrorists thugs."

He can't be banned. He has official business with the UN. Even though the UN is headquarted in the United States the UN is treated like a neutral country and the Secret Service has to provide him with protection.

I did not realize Ground Zero was sacred. Heck, if he's allowed around the President, I see no issue with him going there. They obviously trust him.

That's thing... He is not meeting with the president of the US. He has business at the U.N. I doubt he will be meeting with anyone from the U.S, the U.S. and Iran don't have diplomatic relations.

That's thing... He is not meeting with the president of the US. He has business at the U.N. I doubt he will be meeting with anyone from the U.S, the U.S. and Iran don't have diplomatic relations.

I stand corrected. Well, fuck him! Nope, stay off G Zero.

so Bloomberg (NYC mayor) originally agreed to the visit and approved!

It's OK, we are letting him speak at Columbia University where "i'manutjob" can influence those students like the terrorists he supports