ZZZ Trade

jayjie15

From what I read of your posts on here you seem to enjoy stirring up an arguement. I am sure you still watch every Cavs game but posting on here that they aren't going anywhere entertains you. Whatever floats your boat. There is still a lot of season we will just see how it plays out...

To be honest, I don't think I've watched an entire Cav's game in 5 or 6 years.

The point of my posts (in this thread anyway) is to show that you can say whatever you want about how good this team is vs. that team, or how they "match up" on paper, but you still have to play the games - for obvious reasons. For all the talk about how much better they should be now against Orlando, they still got beat. See the point?

And for the record the Cavs kicked Orlandos a$$ on February 11th at home, but I am sure you still think Orlando is a better team.

And 10 days later, they lost. Bad. If they lose to Orlando in the playoffs, I'm sure that everyone will take great comfort in the fact that they "kicked Orlando's ass" on February 11th.

As I've tried to explain to several of my friends who seem to not understand how basketball teams work: http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=25185

More "on paper" shit from another "expert". The fact of the matter is that their record is not better than it was at the same time last year. To prove you are truly a better team you need to win more games and go further into the post season than you did the previous year. If you dont accomplish that, you're just a "different" team, and certainly not a "better" team.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More "on paper" shit

while I don't disagree with any other word of what you said in this full quote I only pick this out because obviously team chemistry, knowledge of plays and how to work with each other doesn't happen on the court as well as anything that was stated as statistics happened on the court.

Now if I or anyone just said they will do "this" if "this and this happens" then I would agree its meaningless on paper babble

while I don't disagree with any other word of what you said in this full quote I only pick this out because obviously team chemistry, knowledge of plays and how to work with each other doesn't happen on the court as well as anything that was stated as statistics happened on the court.

Now if I or anyone just said they will do "this" if "this and this happens" then I would agree its meaningless on paper babble

For all of the supposed "improvements" they've made over last year, their won/loss record isn't as good. If that's the case, how can they really be a "better" team?

No two seasons are alike, as I said the schedule has been tougher than last year. They have better players no doubt but as far as team we have to wait until the end of the year to answer that using cold hard facts. I still don't get why you are arguing this point with me because I've basically agreed with 95% of what you have said because its on a very basic level

And 10 days later, they lost. Bad. If they lose to Orlando in the playoffs, I'm sure that everyone will take great comfort in the fact that they "kicked Orlando's ass" on February 11th.

If memory serves me right they have taken 2 out of 3 from Orlando this year. This means that in a playoff series they would be a better team. I do agree with you that some teams are better on paper than they really are. Look how much talent the Yankees have and they still don't win the World Series every year. But, unlike basebell meshing with your teammates is a million times more important in basketball. Team chemistry and coaching will be key for the Cavs. Like I said I won't get excited until the playoffs start and we will see where they are at then.

But wait...the one loss came with the "new, improved" team. Their record against Orlando with the "old" team is 2-0.

agreed, though I don't consider it "complete" until Z is back. As well as many other things you will never agree with so I won't even get into it

agreed, though I don't consider it "complete" until Z is back. As well as many other things you will never agree with so I won't even get into it

Now there's "conditions" on the "new, improved" team. What if Z says "fuck you" and doesnt come back?

Oh, and by the way, this just in:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/powerRankings

According to Fox's "expert" the Cav's arent the best team in the NBA anymore.

Now there's "conditions" on the "new, improved" team. What if Z says "fuck you" and doesnt come back?

Oh, and by the way, this just in:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/powerRankings

According to Fox's "expert" the Cav's arent the best team in the NBA anymore.

Have you ever played basketball before? Not just pickup games or whatever but I am talking about organized basketball. If you haven't then I understand why its difficult to understand these conditions, I think I take for granted its just common sense because of my familiarity with the game.

If Z doesn't come back, plain and simple IN MY MIND they have a good chance of losing another series to Orlando and definitely would have a very hard time with the Lakers and may not stand much of a chance. Andy is not a viable backup center and when Shaq gets in foul trouble as he usually will with extended minutes because his fatigue leads to shitty defense on his part.

Do you understand how the power rankings work? And thank you for putting expert in quotations as Fox has probably the worst sports coverage of the major networks

Edited by Bad324

Have you ever played basketball before? Not just pickup games or whatever but I am talking about organized basketball. If you haven't then I understand why its difficult to understand these conditions, I think I take for granted its just common sense because of my familiarity with the game.

Yes, as a matter of fact I have played basketball before, but I dont see what that has to do with anything. I dont have to suck a cock to know its gay.

If Z doesn't come back, plain and simple IN MY MIND they have a good chance of losing another series to Orlando and definitely would have a very hard time with the Lakers and may not stand much of a chance. Andy is not a viable backup center and when Shaq gets in foul trouble as he usually will with extended minutes because his fatigue leads to shitty defense on his part.

So there you have it. Trade a guy you need to get a guy you hope helps out, and hope the guy you traded comes back. THAT makes plenty of sense

Do you understand how the power rankings work? And thank you for putting expert in quotations as Fox has probably the worst sports coverage of the major networks

Yeah, I understand how it works. Some "expert" prognosticates his opinion on who is the best team for that particular week for various reasons. It should be an indicator of who will win games and who will lose games.

I do find it odd that you cite the experts that say the Cavs are now a better team (even though its not being shown by their performance and consequently their RECORD), but deride the guy that says they're not as good as they were last week. Talk about a lack of common sense.

Yes, as a matter of fact I have played basketball before, but I dont see what that has to do with anything. I dont have to suck a cock to know its gay.

So there you have it. Trade a guy you need to get a guy you hope helps out, and hope the guy you traded comes back. THAT makes plenty of sense

Yeah, I understand how it works. Some "expert" prognosticates his opinion on who is the best team for that particular week for various reasons. It should be an indicator of who will win games and who will lose games.

I do find it odd that you cite the experts that say the Cavs are now a better team (even though its not being shown by their performance and consequently their RECORD), but deride the guy that says they're not as good as they were last week. Talk about a lack of common sense.

Where did I cite any experts? I just put that article up as to show why people are making a bigger deal out of the 3 losses than should be.

I'll just make this easy since it is just going in circles. You are the most knowledgeable person on this board in regards to everything and I shall bow down at your knees oh great one :rolleyes:

Where did I cite any experts? I just put that article up as to show why people are making a bigger deal out of the 3 losses than should be.

I'll just make this easy since it is just going in circles. You are the most knowledgeable person on this board in regards to everything and I shall bow down at your knees oh great one :rolleyes:

For sure, maybe one day we will grow up and always be right and be as whitty as Todd#43. I started the thread to hear everyone's opinion on trade not to argue about your opinion of the Cavs. If I agree with you would you still continue to argue with everyone? Probably...that is one thing we can be certain of.

Edited by jayjie15

just because their record is not better then last years at this time does not mean that they are not a better team. they still have the best record in the whole league. You can tell that they are better from WATCHING them, a few games difference from last year has nothing to do with it this is a professional sport every team is good (besides new jersey) your going to have losses. its obvious that todd43 has not watched a single game this year

just because their record is not better then last years at this time does not mean that they are not a better team. they still have the best record in the whole league. You can tell that they are better from WATCHING them, a few games difference from last year has nothing to do with it this is a professional sport every team is good (besides new jersey) your going to have losses. its obvious that todd43 has not watched a single game this year

Let me pose a question to you three geniuses:

Last year a team had 10 wins and 6 losses.

This year that same team had 9 wins and 7 losses.

Which team is better?

As of said about 8 times already, you are missing the fact that I said I agree with you to the extent that per the record they are not technically better, but they are more talented. I don't know how I can make that much clearer

Let me pose a question to you three geniuses:

Last year a team had 10 wins and 6 losses.

This year that same team had 9 wins and 7 losses.

Which team is better?

i dont kno i would have to watch the team the one year and then watch them the following year... a record as close as that does not determine shit obviously another team made improvements the following year as well

lets say the cavs meet the lakers in the finals.. the cavs reccord is 60 wins 22 loses and the lakers have a better record with 66 wins and 16 loses.. then lets say cleveland sweeps LA in the finals. there not going to say well cleveland you may have won but LA has a better record so they must be the better team... NO it dont work that way

i dont kno i would have to watch the team the one year and then watch them the following year... a record as close as that does not determine shit obviously another team made improvements the following year as well

lets say the cavs meet the lakers in the finals.. the cavs reccord is 60 wins 22 loses and the lakers have a better record with 66 wins and 16 loses.. then lets say cleveland sweeps LA in the finals. there not going to say well cleveland you may have won but LA has a better record so they must be the better team... NO it dont work that way

Goddam, you really ARE a fucking moron.

If the the Cav's would sweep the Lakers (or any other team) in the finals, their record would be 4-0 because everything that happened BEFORE the finals is a moot point. Each team starts out 0-0.

So, yes it DOES work that way.

What Bad324 os saying is making sense to me, but even though it is very logical Todd#43 will still argue with you. The facts are Cleveland is a good team, but it takes chemistry to win in the NBA. They will struggle just like the did at the beginning of the season with Shaq. They were amazing before the all star break but now with Jamison they will be forced to struggle again until they get everything right. Honestly, I don't think they will win a championship without Z coming back or getting another true center. Diesel plays strong but his tank gets empty fast and he gets into foul trouble quick. Having Z come off the bench was clutch and added a whole other dynamic to the team. Hopefully Z comes back and they continue to grow as a team, in that case they will go deep into the playoffs.

Edited by jayjie15

If the the Cav's would sweep the Lakers (or any other team) in the finals, their record would be 4-0 because everything that happened BEFORE the finals is a moot point. Each team starts out 0-0.

You are contradicting yourself. You say in prior posts that they are a worse team this year because their regular season record isn't as good. Now you are saying that nothing they do before the playoffs matters and you resort to name calling. Stop trying to argue for the sake of arguement because you are starting to sound like the fucking moron.

Edited by jayjie15

ur missing the point u fucking douche

You are contradicting yourself. You say in prior posts that they are a worse team this year because their regular season record isn't as good. Now you are saying that nothing they do before the playoffs matters and you resort to name calling. Stop trying to argue for the sake of arguement because you are starting to sound like the fucking moron.

Is there anything besides empty space in your skull?

I'll type slow so that you can understand.

The regular season GETS you to the playoffs. Once the playoffs start the only thing that matters is your SERIES record. They don't add your playoff wins to your regular season wins to see who moves on, you go back to zero.

The same thing happens in the Championship Series. What your record was in the playoffs doesn't matter - you go back to 0-0.

Why is this shit so hard for you to understand?

ur missing the point u fucking douche

What is your point?

Is it that you're too lazy to type out Y-O-U-'-R-E?

the point is that anyone who follows basketball and has watched the cavs over the past few years knos that they are better this year then any other year

and yea im lazy good one fuckwit

They may be a "better" team but their record doesn't show it. If their record doesn't show it, then it doesn't mean shit to say they're a better team.

We've covered this already. Try to keep up.