ZZZ Trade

jayjie15

I haven't really noticed any sports talk on this forum. I was wondering how everyone felt about the Cavs rescent trade that sent Big Z to the Wizards for Antawn Jamison and Sebastian Telfair.

In a perfect world Z gets waived by the Wizards and resigns with Cleveland. This was a good move as far as playing for a championship, but a bad move because Z is a class act. Cavs get a true point guard and a very versatile forward. IDK, the biggest thing that upsets me is the loyalty thing. Hopefully, Z comes back to Cleveland and they win a championship. It would be a shame if they went all the way without him. Thoughts?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the trade, hopefully Z isn't too pissed and will resign with the cavs. The only issue is going to be finding minutes for everyone with such a deep bench. And who are you referring to when you say the cavs get a true point guard? I hope you don't mean Sebastian Telfair, the Cavs already have a top notch point guard in Mo Williams.

Danny Ferrie played with Z. They're close friends. I'm sure it was a hard decision for Ferrie.

I consider myself a loyal guy, and I love Z as a player. If we don't get him back, I'll be the first in line to buy a Z jersey on clearance (fingers crossed) and give him a standing O when they announce him in the starting lineup for Dallas.

As much as I don't want to see Z go, and hope we get him back, I really respect the fact that ownership and management of the Cavs have finally made it clear "we ARE going to win a championship no matter what it takes."

Z will be back in 30 days. Even if he's not, his Cav's jersey will be retired.

Jamison is a GREAT move for the Cavs! A scoring, rebounding PF with 3 point range. He'll spread the floor and give LBJ and Shaq room to operate around the rim. And we didn't have to give up J.J.

Amare would have just clogged the area under the rim like what happened when Shaq was in Phoenix.

When Embry traded Harper for Ferry back in the day it really killed the Cavs as a contender. But he is making up for it as a really good GM!!

There is a 99% chance the Cavs get Z back. From what my buddy who works with the Cavs said is the only way they would trade Z is if they guaranteed a buyout. Not to mention the Wizards are over the luxury tax with Z and buying him out would put them under it which is what they were aiming for in the dismantling of that team

Telfair is an excellent backup and will make for a good replacement for Delonte when his ass gets suspended and misses the playoffs.

All in all this trade was a freaking robbery for Ferry, he got 2 positions of need for basically a draft pick that is at the end of the round and probably would've meant jack for the Cavs in the long run. Meanwhile we keep JJ and still have the possibility to sign a big man replacement next year. This was the ideal trade and Danny boy made it happen

Z will be back in 30 days. Even if he's not, his Cav's jersey will be retired.

Jamison is a GREAT move for the Cavs! A scoring, rebounding PF with 3 point range. He'll spread the floor and give LBJ and Shaq room to operate around the rim. And we didn't have to give up J.J.

Amare would have just clogged the area under the rim like what happened when Shaq was in Phoenix.

When Embry traded Harper for Ferry back in the day it really killed the Cavs as a contender. But he is making up for it as a really good GM!!

True story here. Playing with Shaq and Lebron, Jamison will get tons of opportunity to put up 20pts/game. Plus, Jamison can score from the low post and having him opens up the half court game and fast breaks even more. Like I said in a perfect world Z comes back wins a championship and retires a Cav. According to ESPN.com it was pretty much a "wink wink" trade where everyone knows Z is coming back to Cleveland in 30 days, but it also says if he is waived by the Mavs are going to make a run at him.

I like the trade, hopefully Z isn't too pissed and will resign with the cavs. The only issue is going to be finding minutes for everyone with such a deep bench. And who are you referring to when you say the cavs get a true point guard? I hope you don't mean Sebastian Telfair, the Cavs already have a top notch point guard in Mo Williams.

Mo is supposed to be a scorer at guard, no? If you were going to say someone is a pg on the team talk about Delonte's crazy ass. As someone else said when he gets caught riding a snowmobile with his arsenal again, Telfair can step in and eat up his minutes. Watch out Jameson, you still have to worry about getting shot in the locker room.

so let's play devil's advocate here:

regardless of where LeBron goes next year (let's assume the Knicks), I still like our roster a LOT.

I am assuming everyone with expiring contracts at least entertains the notion of coming back though. LeBron does a TON for the team, but (especially in the East), I don't see many teams that can match the Cavs even without LeBron. They would not have the most talented starting 5, but our rotation would demolish other teams' rotations.

LeBron's not going anywhere. He wasn't going anywhere BEFORE the trade. Why go to another team to start all over again? He could care less about salary...the one thing he can't BUY is a championship. Staying with the Cavs gives him the best shot.

The whole New York market talk is just nonsense, IMHO. Bron Bron can fly out to NYC anytime he wants and get handjobs from the whores out there instead of his jump offs in CLE.

I don't think Lebron is going anywhere either. Putting a championship team on the floor is always the main goal regardless of who the star is. Like redkow97 says the Cavs are still a very talented team without Lebron. They would add another role player in his position and they would still be dominant. Also, Lebron isn't going anywhere because no where else besides Cleveland and Akron are people going to let him get away with being an arrogant d*ck and bow down to him for it. Cavs have a solid team for at least the next 3 years with or without Lebron.

As Todd brings sunshine to the conversation.....

Anyway, Lebron isn't going anywhere, but will continue the ruse, as it has to be quite entertaining for him. He wants to be mentioned as being on par with Jordan, and his boy Kobe. For that to happen, he has to stay in one place. And money is a non-issue. He's already proven he has undeniable start power from the Northcoast, so moving to NYC will only make it more expensive to live. He wants championshipS, and his best opportunity for that is here. Gilbert will keep the team stocked with front line talent well beyond this year, regardless if they win a title this season or not (which if they stay healthy is a very realistic). Z will be back, because LBJ and Ferry wouldn't have pulled the trigger if otherwise. It makes no sense for the Bullets (yes, I said Bullets, Agent 0) to keep him, and the talk from Z's agent saying that "several teams have contacted" him is just part of trying to give the deal some semblence of being honest for the other teams in the league. Whatever, it doesn't matter. I just want to be in the arena that first game back when he's announced to enter the game.

As Todd brings sunshine to the conversation....

Hate to rain on your parade, but its true.

How old were YOU when the last Cleveland team won a major sports championship?

Oh sure, we get close. The browns have been to the AFC Championship game a time or two, but haven't won shit of any consequence sine 1964.

The tribe has made it to the dance a couple of times, but hasnt been a champion since 1948.

The Cavs? Well, there was the Miracle in Richfield, and the "current" iteration of the team has done well, but they haven't won shit either.

So this is the year then? I'll continue to hold my enthusiasm until the trophy is brought to Cleveland. See, I've been here before.

Hate to rain on your parade, but its true.

How old were YOU when the last Cleveland team won a major sports championship?

Oh sure, we get close. The browns have been to the AFC Championship game a time or two, but haven't won shit of any consequence sine 1964.

The tribe has made it to the dance a couple of times, but hasnt been a champion since 1948.

The Cavs? Well, there was the Miracle in Richfield, and the "current" iteration of the team has done well, but they haven't won shit either.

So this is the year then? I'll continue to hold my enthusiasm until the trophy is brought to Cleveland. See, I've been here before.

yea we all have been here before we know how it works in Cleveland. that is why i said this SHOULD be our year, not this will be our year.

no this is the first year I have said it, we didnt have the skills or depth that we have now.

Come on now. Let me see if I have this right...

Last year the Cav's had the BEST RECORD in the NBA, and lost before the finals. This year's team is better than last years team, even though their record isn't as good? I'm just a little bit confused.

Oh, by the way unless you're playing for the team "we" didnt have shit to do with anything.

Come on now. Let me see if I have this right...

Last year the Cav's had the BEST RECORD in the NBA, and lost before the finals. This year's team is better than last years team, even though their record isn't as good? I'm just a little bit confused.

Oh, by the way unless you're playing for the team "we" didnt have shit to do with anything.

The record is just as good as last year. The difference is we have a lineup that can match up with ANY team. Last years team was built to beat the Celtics who we never faced in the playoffs. Didn't have the length or athleticism to stop the Magic

Stick to politics my friend :)

You can be skeptical about Cleveland sports because at least that is constructive, but don't be cynical. We have had our heart's broken many, many, many times. I can safely say this is the best Cavs team in this Lebron era and Cleveland's best chance at a championship since the Tribe teams of 94-97. All we can do is sit watch like usual and see what happens.

The record is just as good as last year. The difference is we have a lineup that can match up with ANY team. Last years team was built to beat the Celtics who we never faced in the playoffs. Didn't have the length or athleticism to stop the Magic

Stick to politics my friend :)

If they're a better team this year, why isnt their record better?

Seems to me, if they were really a better team there record would be better, no?

I've lived in NE Ohio for 46 years. I've heard all of the hype, seen most of the games. The Browns in the 80's, the Indians in the 90's - I was there for all that shit. Now its the Cav's decade to take the hopes of NE Ohio's sports fans to the precipice of ultimate success and smash them to bits like every other Cleveland sports franchise has done since 1964.

If they do happen to win, I'll be happy to eat my plate of crow. I really don't think I'll have to though, and when the Cav's season is over I'll be able to say "I told you so" over the moans of "just wait till next year".

If they're a better team this year, why isnt their record better?

Seems to me, if they were really a better team there record would be better, no?

I've lived in NE Ohio for 46 years. I've heard all of the hype, seen most of the games. The Browns in the 80's, the Indians in the 90's - I was there for all that shit. Now its the Cav's decade to take the hopes of NE Ohio's sports fans to the precipice of ultimate success and smash them to bits like every other Cleveland sports franchise has done since 1964.

If they do happen to win, I'll be happy to eat my plate of crow. I really don't think I'll have to though, and when the Cav's season is over I'll be able to say "I told you so" over the moans of "just wait till next year".

I'm only 25 and I'm right there with ya on the its Cleveland I won't count on a championship until a day or 2 after it actually happens

BUT

How are they better you ask? Well simple my friend lets start with the obvious, injuries. Only TWO players have played every game this year with that being LBJ and Parker. Two of our biggest 2nd threats (Mo, Delonte) went down in back to back games and yet they went on the current 13 game winning streak. Oh speaking of Delonte, he couldn't be counted on most of the year as nobody knew where his head was at and if he could play

Add in the maturation of JJ, the prescence of Shaq's big ass clogging the lane and Andy earning that contract he signed along with LeBron playing out of his mind and better than last year so overall the talent level has improved

The depth is absolutely sick this year and just got even better adding Jamison and hell even Telfair is a good choice as he has potential to be a better ball handler than Mo which frees up Mo off the ball to get his shooting in sync.

Why are they a better team with the same record? This years has by far been more difficult as up until this last stretch they played 70% of their games on the road as well as they have played every single playoff contender in both leagues at least once with a majority of them twice

I'm only 25 and I'm right there with ya on the its Cleveland I won't count on a championship until a day or 2 after it actually happens

BUT

How are they better you ask? Well simple my friend lets start with the obvious, injuries. Only TWO players have played every game this year with that being LBJ and Parker. Two of our biggest 2nd threats (Mo, Delonte) went down in back to back games and yet they went on the current 13 game winning streak. Oh speaking of Delonte, he couldn't be counted on most of the year as nobody knew where his head was at and if he could play

Add in the maturation of JJ, the prescence of Shaq's big ass clogging the lane and Andy earning that contract he signed along with LeBron playing out of his mind and better than last year so overall the talent level has improved

The depth is absolutely sick this year and just got even better adding Jamison and hell even Telfair is a good choice as he has potential to be a better ball handler than Mo which frees up Mo off the ball to get his shooting in sync.

Why are they a better team with the same record? This years has by far been more difficult as up until this last stretch they played 70% of their games on the road as well as they have played every single playoff contender in both leagues at least once with a majority of them twice

So basically what you're saying is "they're better on paper" this year than they were last year. Since their record is the same as last year this time, they haven't proven it where it matters - winning and losing games.

Talk is cheap. Until they actually win one, I'm not going to get excited.