Mladin, Spies, will not race in the rain at Mid O

xxxl

Superbike Planet has the story.

Can't blame them for this stand. Parts of the track are not safe.

Been going there for 30 years and I was wondering just this past weekend why they didn't iron a few things out when they did all the paving this year.

I guess Jim Truemans daughter doesn't drive the course very often or even watch the races or she would figure this out.

i raced there this weekend in the wet and thought it was fine. i was runnin about 30 sec. off my dry times which was the fastest time in my class... rite up until i pitched it. the track is very safe compared to some of the other ones we race on.

Pretty sure ther's a comment on Zuke riders there but after watching Djoo in the rain last Saturday I'll leave that one alone. Not a mladdin fan. Djoo's right, the track was safe, the rain was hard. Those who rode made their own decision. Mid Ohio is the premier race track in the country! I hope you all feel as fortunate as I do that it's in our back yard.

Pops

after some talking on the WERA forum, looks like the main reasons are due to the closeness of some of the walls in Thunder Valley and comin out of the carousel and the keyhole. Gotta admit even in the dry on my slow SV i was eyein up those sections and tellin myself not to push it through there.