No brakes while constantly accelerating, and now you can't steer?

chevysoldier

:wtf: They are the highest selling manufacturer in the US and probably the world. Not gonna happen. These hiccups will barely put a chink in their armor. Toyota isnt going anywhere.

Chinks? I thought they were Japanese!

:moo:

I think the people that drive Toyota's and having these accidents must be idiots. You can tell if your accelerator pedal is beginning to stick and not return into position directly. If you carpet is in the way of your pedals, MOVE the damn thing. And if your car starts accelerating because of a stuck throttle put the car in neutral for crying out loud.

I personally think that woman's testimony before congress was BS. She claims she put it in neutral at one point and it kept going. She probably made that up when she was telling the story and someone with half a brain said "why didn't you just put it in neutral dumbass?"

My mom drives a late model Toyota that has not been recalled and I'm not worried one bit.

After all when you really look at it there were two small problems. An accelerator that after time could begin to stick and a software update in the Prius. That's a lot of hype for such minor recalls. 34 people have supposedly died form these issues. Just to put it in perspective TWICE as many kids die from choking on hot dogs every year.

I think the people that drive Toyota's and having these accidents must be idiots. You can tell if your accelerator pedal is beginning to stick and not return into position directly. If you carpet is in the way of your pedals, MOVE the damn thing. And if your car starts accelerating because of a stuck throttle put the car in neutral for crying out loud.

I personally think that woman's testimony before congress was BS. She claims she put it in neutral at one point and it kept going. She probably made that up when she was telling the story and someone with half a brain said "why didn't you just put it in neutral dumbass?"

My mom drives a late model Toyota that has not been recalled and I'm not worried one bit.

After all when you really look at it there were two small problems. An accelerator that after time could begin to stick and a software update in the Prius. That's a lot of hype for such minor recalls. 34 people have supposedly died form these issues. Just to put it in perspective TWICE as many kids die from choking on hot dogs every year.

BIG +1. Just some more nonsense to distract us from the real problems in the world.

If you own a Toyota and are really worried about these issues, REMOVE YOUR FLOOR MAT. Now pay me $100. I just saved your life.

If you own a Prius, wrap it around a tree and bust out your bicycle shorts. You are gay.

You should be fine since your wife is plenty smart and knows how to apply the brakes and kick it into neutral if it mysteriously goes WOT, which it wont, but if you want to sell it, I'll give you 5k for it right now. :D

How would she know it was stuck there anyway, she's always WOT. :eek:

BIG +1. Just some more nonsense to distract us from the real problems in the world.

If you own a Toyota and are really worried about these issues, REMOVE YOUR FLOOR MAT. Now pay me $100. I just saved your life.

If you own a Prius, wrap it around a tree and bust out your bicycle shorts. You are gay.

I really think there is more to this than stuck floor mats with the amount of people this is happening to. I agree about putting it in neutral as long as the shifter is still mechanical. Not sure how Toyota is doing this on new cars but if it is 'Drive by Wire' like the throttle system then I can see how putting it in neutral might not do anything if there are software issues. If that lady is telling the truth then there are bigger issues here.

I really think there is more to this than stuck floor mats with the amount of people this is happening to. I agree about putting it in neutral as long as the shifter is still mechanical. Not sure how Toyota is doing this on new cars but if it is 'Drive by Wire' like the throttle system then I can see how putting it in neutral might not do anything if there are software issues. If that lady is telling the truth then there are bigger issues here.

If the engine still wants to give at gas, shifting into neutral will separate the engine and transmission. No power will be going to the transmission but the engine will still be wanting to rev has high as it can. so shift into neutral then turn the key off, not lock. You will lose power steering and power brakes but you will slow down and not blow up the motor from it possible over revving.

DISCLAIMER:The above is what I would do. I am not responsible if you do the same and kill yourself.

You forgot about calling for help on your iPhone...... :lol:

Nah, he'd still be there. Not everyone gets the priveldge of being around this much greatness all the time. I'm sure he was going through withdraw yesterday, since I took the day off....

:lol:

Withdraw are you kidding? We threw a party. Complete with hookers and blow. :lol:

Funny the attention to these recalls. Nobody even remotely seems to remember any of the US recalls.

Like my truck for example... Cruise control and brake recalls. Both can lead to fire that can burn the truck to the ground. Gee, that sounds WAY better than a stuck pedal...

Everyone's got them under a microscope due to the years of failures the US makers have created.

Toyota ain't going anywhere and considering the #2 guy was Chevy, do you honestly think this is going to knock Toyota down to #2? Riiiiight...

The governement is now into the auto industry and they are going to watch everything and everyone. Chevy caused all this BS with the government now a car company...

sounds like a ford?

Funny the attention to these recalls. Nobody even remotely seems to remember any of the US recalls.

The governement is now into the auto industry and they are going to watch everything and everyone. Chevy caused all this BS with the government now a car company...

Yeah, I heard GM referred to as Government Motors.