Nursing Home Bikers

KruelHouse

Like what?

Old ladies enjoying themselves?

Before people start coming at me with pitchforks and calling me Hitler...let me explain. 1st off, i like old people. I was very close with my grandma, and losing her...was one of the roughest things to go through. Secondly: It would be different if these older people were bikers to begin with. Clearly, they've seen the motorcycles...and the the people associated with them....and want to play the part. Look like them, dress like them, etc. They're putting make up on for god's sake...to look like bikers. Quoted from the article...to look "fearsome". Really? I think if this was a group of 18-50 year olds, people would be singing a different tune. You don't become a biker to look cool, or try to fit in with people....or just to say you were on a bike. Your a biker, because you love motorcycles...the performance....the sounds, the smells, the sights, the ride....everything. Not just one part of it. To look cool.

You know....if this was a bunch of 20-30 year olds, all of them would take it one step further. Buy some 150-180 hp sportbikes....some V-rods, and harleys with ape hangers, maybe buy some chaps...bandana's, skull caps, half helmets and wrap the bike(s) around a tree. All in part...because they wanted to look cool.

That's the only problem i have with it. And...also this.

"One of our residents, Katie, just turned 97, and she got up with her walker and shook her booty," Kaplan said. "She shook it good."

No 97 year old woman should be shaking anything! Think about it, would you want your sweet innocent grandma doing that? I wouldn't...

Exactly, you aren't dead until you stop breathing. They need to live it up for as long as they can.

I agree...i'm all for people enjoying themselves...especially older folk. Just...maybe not this.

Before people start coming at me with pitchforks and calling me Hitler...let me explain. 1st off, i like old people. I was very close with my grandma, and losing her...was one of the roughest things to go through. Secondly: It would be different if these older people were bikers to begin with. Clearly, they've seen the motorcycles...and the the people associated with them....and want to play the part. Look like them, dress like them, etc. They're putting make up on for god's sake...to look like bikers. Quoted from the article...to look "fearsome". Really? I think if this was a group of 18-50 year olds, people would be singing a different tune. You don't become a biker to look cool, or try to fit in with people....or just to say you were on a bike. Your a biker, because you love motorcycles...the performance....the sounds, the smells, the sights, the ride....everything. Not just one part of it. To look cool.

You know....if this was a bunch of 20-30 year olds, all of them would take it one step further. Buy some 150-180 hp sportbikes....some V-rods, and harleys with ape hangers, maybe buy some chaps...bandana's, skull caps, half helmets and wrap the bike(s) around a tree. All in part...because they wanted to look cool.

"One of our residents, Katie, just turned 97, and she got up with her walker and shook her booty," Kaplan said. "She shook it good."

No 97 year old woman should be shaking anything! Think about it, would you want your sweet innocent grandma doing that? I wouldn't...

I agree...i'm all for people enjoying themselves...especially older folk. Just...maybe not this.

Stop putting your prejudices on others. Just because they have more balls than you to go into a biker bar...

"LAMA and A.B.A.T.E. members made plans to come by the residence center in the spring and take the ladies for a ride"

Can you imagine a 90 year old woman going for a ride on...let's say a Busa...Better make sure she is wearing some Depends...LOL

But in all seriousness I think it's cool how the bikers treated them. You can learn a lot form the older generation, after all there is no substitute for experience in this life ;)

"LAMA and A.B.A.T.E. members made plans to come by the residence center in the spring and take the ladies for a ride"

Can you imagine a 90 year old woman going for a ride on...let's say a Busa...Better make sure she is wearing some Depends...LOL

But in all seriousness I think it's cool how the bikers treated them. You can learn a lot form the older generation, after all there is no substitute for experience in this life ;)

Haha. Another part of this, that i have been meaning to say...that i haven't got to yet...is whether they're 18....or 81 i don't want to see anyone get hurt...especially older people trying to imitate something that could be as dangerous as a motorcycle.

Again, i agree. Older people have been through everything your going through now, and can give you sage advice. I remember as a kid, listening to my friend's grandpa tell his war stories. How they used their helmets to make food, eat in, etc.

dude my 97 year old grandma can do whatever the fuck she wants.

Lighten up, Francis!