bow hunting

e-flores

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you do..

Dirty%20Harry.jpg

my x-wife bought it for me for x-mas years back when we was still married...its alot funner and more challenging than use'n my shotgun..but damn does it suck shoot'n it in the woods with no earplugs. lol...and i think dirty harry's is a model 29 s/w...

hey its that time of year again, and i was wondering if any one hunts at all?

just for the sake of conversation.

Yeah... I hunt. Primarily upland hunting, but I'm hip to turkey and deer, too. Rabbit during the winter is a good time.

So, when/where are we hunting? Count me in... unless it's bow... I don't have one of those crazy contraptions... we TEXANS love guns!

Yeah... I hunt. Primarily upland hunting, but I'm hip to turkey and deer, too. Rabbit during the winter is a good time.

So, when/where are we hunting? Count me in... unless it's bow... I don't have one of those crazy contraptions... we TEXANS love guns!

Yep, my first time to bowhunt ever. It's a whole nother story than in the Texas panhandle.

Good luck, Zecho!

Let me know how you do!

Maybe I need to get a bow.

-JEV

One doe so far, I'll be back in the tree this weekend. Hoping for the big bucks everyone is talking about.. Get yourself some bow hunting gear and let me know. The place I hunt is a good driv from Cols, but well worth it.

One doe so far, I'll be back in the tree this weekend. Hoping for the big bucks everyone is talking about.. Get yourself some bow hunting gear and let me know. The place I hunt is a good driv from Cols, but well worth it.

Well done, Zecho! How big?

Can I gun hunt at that spot, if I don't bow hunt? Let me know!

I'll be trying type bag a turkey.

• 2 weeks later...

so you hunt with a mathews huh?

i just picked up a switchback xt this season and have had no luck hunting since.

i am not blaming it on the bow i just havent had anything to shoot at since i bought it... its killin me!!!!!

but yeah i know how you feel w/ transporting those things, when me and my buddy go hunting we take a giant lawn and garden cart for the trip. and it is painted for the occasion as well, we got bored one day and change the bright yellow paint scheme to redneck camo!!!

so you hunt with a mathews huh?

i just picked up a switchback xt this season and have had no luck hunting since.

i am not blaming it on the bow i just havent had anything to shoot at since i bought it... its killin me!!!!!

but yeah i know how you feel w/ transporting those things, when me and my buddy go hunting we take a giant lawn and garden cart for the trip. and it is painted for the occasion as well, we got bored one day and change the bright yellow paint scheme to redneck camo!!!

We're hunting Broken Aro, down in the Jackson area. We saw 8 deer (two bucks that actually started fighting 100 yards from us when we grunted at them) while walking in the first day. I think we counted 15 head the whole weekend. We passed on a ton of deer. There are some serious bucks back there.

• 3 years later...

:zombie thread:

I didn't think it was necessary to start a new one, but I was hoping some outdoorsmen-type guys could give me some advice on crossbows. I've done my research on handguns and shotguns, but I'm lost when it comes to crossbows.

I only mention it because my dad has one, we've never shot it, but it's in supposed working condition. When I was picking up my Ruger the other day at the store, he commented that he'd like to get some arrows and try it out.

I have no clue what kind of crossbow it is, but what do I need to know about firing it and more importantly, picking up the appropriate ammo (bolts, arrows, quarrels, whatever the real appropriate term is) in order to have an operable crossbow. I saw some longer arrows, some smaller arrows, most of them come without tips, etc. I'm clueless here. :confused:

Anyone school me on Crossbowin'? Plzkthnxbai

The strings dont last forever on them. If its been a long time, Have it restrung before attempting to fire it. If it breaks while cocking it, someone will get hurt.

As far as proper bolts, take it with you to the store. They will be able to tell you which ones you need. Just get practice tips unless you plan to start hunting with it right away and get a foam target block to practice shooting at.