OYL 2010 Race Season Schedule.. Let's race!!

fireman_343

OYL has two new classes for 2010, one of them is a Stock XR100 only class! Should be fun for everyone and a great way to get into the sport cheap!

We offer competitive racing for 50cc to 100cc 2-stroke motorcycles, up to 150cc liquid cooled 4-stroke motorcycles, up to 200cc air-cooled 4-stroke motorcycles, and 250cc (max displacement) two stroke scooters.

We have a family style atmosphere at the track and are all there to have fun!

The two tracks we are racing at for 2010 are Circleville Raceway Park (CRP), located in Circleville Ohio and the other is BeaveRun Motorsports Located near Beaver Falls, PA! Both are great tracks and we run CRP in both directions!

OYL's 2010 Racing Schedule:

4-18- Circleville Raceway Park (CRP), Oh

5-22- CRP

6-12-Beaverun, PA

6-27- CRP

7-24- CRP

8-8- CRP

8-21- Beaverun, PA

9-19- CRP

10-10- CRP

10-23- CRP

Any questions about rules, bike setup, etc just ask me here or email me at rdracer4@hotmail.com

Thanks and hope to see you on the track soon!

And yes, kids are allowed to race with us. Min age is 7/8yrs old, but it is up to me to let younger kids race based on if they have raced motorcycles before. This is where kids get their foot in the door for roadracing! We offer coaching classes if you would like some from our "seasoned" members to show your kids around the track and give them some one on one time! A lot of us grown ups that race with OYL, also race RS125's, 600's and 1K bikes also!

Check out our "Promo" video that I did last year.. kinda long, but gives you an idea of what we do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yzlAC-ha1k

Could you post up some more info on the stock XR100 class?

Edit: nevermind, found it.

XR100 Stock- OEM XR100 stock frame, forks, swingarm, and brakes. Internal mods to stock forks allowed. Rear shock and spring may be upgraded. May use stock xr100/80 wheels or may use or a set of 12" rims laced to the stock hubs. Stock XR100 motor to 102cc limit. NO motor modifications except cylinder maintenance overbores to 102cc. Must use stock carb and ignition. Any exhaust system with silencer may be used.

Edited by Zach

I'll have to look into posting each event on the Calendar, didn't know I could do that, thought it was a mod thing?

Yes, the stock XR100 spec class should be a fun time! U can find a XR100 for less than $1k on craigslist all day long, slap some slicks on it and you'll be out there bump'n elbows and dran'n knee all day long.

If anyone wants to know the cost of racing, let me know. It is very cheap!

Damn, I havent been on the OYL forum at all lately. I fail at participating. Ill be out with my stock CR85R tho ;) I need to get some new rubber on it.

I have an XR100... not sure if I want to run it yet, depends on what the wallet says. Ill need suspension on it fo sho... and tyres and a different rim.... and NOS!

I'll have to look into posting each event on the Calendar, didn't know I could do that, thought it was a mod thing?

Yes, the stock XR100 spec class should be a fun time! U can find a XR100 for less than $1k on craigslist all day long, slap some slicks on it and you'll be out there bump'n elbows and dran'n knee all day long.

If anyone wants to know the cost of racing, let me know. It is very cheap!

I've got the 100 and an 80, so I'm set on that.

Just need to find the money for repairs/upgrades and leathers :D

• 1 month later...

1st Race of the season, this Sunday April 18th at Circleville Raceway Park (CRP)!! If you think you got what it takes to race any motorcycle from 50cc to 150-200cc then come out and race with us! If you've got questions... I've got a FAQ page located here: http://miniroadracers.informe.com/forum/general-topics-f1/faq-page-all-your-questions-are-answerd-here-t1661.html

Hope to see ya at the track!

P1030629.JPG

I went out yesterday(CRP)for practice and it was perfect... kinda chilly till you started riding and blue skies lol..... Pretty much no karts and all bikes and we had a blast.... kinda bummed I missed the first race but I will be ready and raring to go for the next.

Man, u missed one hell of a season opener!! Lots of very close racing and a lot of new riders and out of towners.

May 22nd is our next race at CRP, then we have a bunch of us heading to the ROC event after the races!

Here is a pic of my bike with new paint job.. Thanks to Paul!

9deceba4.jpg