partin out bike?

Dweezel

i'm seriously thinkin about partin the gixxer out and picking up a SV somethin like this, http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488

i love the way they look stripped like that, theres a few things i'd change but over all i love the bikes,

since i can't ride right now, how much different are they ride wise? i know the tech diffs, just lookin for opinions i guess since i'm gonna be sittin on my ass for awhile:(

Suzuki did real nice by the SV in terms of a strong frame and a bullet-proof engine, but kept prices down with whack-ass suspension.

Ride wise, the SV's power band from the L-twin is in a much wider and lower rpm range. I like to keep my needle between 6500 and 7500 rpm for the best engine response for hp/torque. The low-end torque makes the bike really fun in the city/traffic.

The stock SV kinda loses its breath around 9k rpm, but I noticed after i de-snorkled the air box, lifted the tank about 1.5cm, and added a K&N, i'm better past 10k.

When i first started riding, i wondered if i was missing out because I couldn't do 150mph in the straights like the r6, gsxr600, 600rr guys. Now that i'm a somewhat better rider, I see how top speeds and high HP alone dont make a great bike. Especially after this past weekend when I had a few guys ask me if my 650 was a 1k. (I want to attack 715 again with better tires!)

My next bike will more than likely be a SV1k and i'll make the 650 my track machine. If you get a SV, put focus into the suspension first. Thats my opinion.

Suzuki did real nice by the SV in terms of a strong frame and a bullet-proof engine, but kept prices down with whack-ass suspension.

Ride wise, the SV's power band from the L-twin is in a much wider and lower rpm range. I like to keep my needle between 6500 and 7500 rpm for the best engine response for hp/torque. The low-end torque makes the bike really fun in the city/traffic.

The stock SV kinda loses its breath around 9k rpm, but I noticed after i de-snorkled the air box, lifted the tank about 1.5cm, and added a K&N, i'm better past 10k.

When i first started riding, i wondered if i was missing out because I couldn't do 150mph in the straights like the r6, gsxr600, 600rr guys. Now that i'm a somewhat better rider, I see how top speeds and high HP alone dont make a great bike. Especially after this past weekend when I had a few guys ask me if my 650 was a 1k. (I want to attack 715 again with better tires!)

My next bike will more than likely be a SV1k and i'll make the 650 my track machine. If you get a SV, put focus into the suspension first. Thats my opinion.

Only time 110 mph + is fun on todays sport bikes is when you have to hit that 300 marker or 5 board then situp and brake to 60 mph or less..

Other then that you are just eating ground up fast with no thrill since they are so stable.

Or going through the corner at 110 mph + is fun though :D

The only Twin I enjoyed riding was my 97 TL-1000S as the Mapping on that puppy made the motor nasty with serious power bands at 6 and 8k rpm. Now the twin motors are so smooth they feel bland and slow (even though they aren't) Kind of why I like the 1ks there is so much power it is kind of like having a power band, but without one.

I haven't had a chance to ride the new 600s hard yet, but I know my 03 GSXR 600 has a power band, it caused me to run off track at Jennings in Turn 2 at 100 mph +

Yeah been doing that, having all this free time not working all week and shit. I'm 99% sure the SV1000 will be my next bike, either silver or blue. Can't wait to heal up so I can take one for a spin, They definitely seem like what I'm looking for, plus there sexy as hell, SV1000s with the upper fairing removed and an 8" headlight put in it's place, very nice.

I'm just going to part the Gixxer out. it's not worth fixing, the frame is perfect, motor is great shape with pretty low miles, there's alot I can sell off of it and make more money than if i fixed the damn thing and sold it like that i'd be lucky to break even with what it'd take to fix it. I've got this nasty bad habit of not being able to sell something unless it's perfect.

Yeah been doing that, having all this free time not working all week and shit. I'm 99% sure the SV1000 will be my next bike, either silver or blue. Can't wait to heal up so I can take one for a spin, They definitely seem like what I'm looking for, plus there sexy as hell, SV1000s with the upper fairing removed and an 8" headlight put in it's place, very nice.

I'm just going to part the Gixxer out. it's not worth fixing, the frame is perfect, motor is great shape with pretty low miles, there's alot I can sell off of it and make more money than if i fixed the damn thing and sold it like that i'd be lucky to break even with what it'd take to fix it. I've got this nasty bad habit of not being able to sell something unless it's perfect.

What would you take for it as-is?

Not really sure, was looking to get about 2-2500 out of parting it out, also wanted to keep the forks, spring and wheels for the SV since they all fit right over.

The bike really isn't THAT bad, needs a set of clip-ons, upper fairing stay, and new plastic and she'd be pretty much ready to go. the bitch is the odometer says the bike has 25k miles on it. It's WAY the hell off, guy i bought it off of had a 62 tooth sprocket on it since the day he bought it so he could "do wheelies and be cool" (yeah thats a direct quote from him when I went to save the bike, I feel I more adopted an abused bike than I did buy it because it's exactly what I wanted). Going 65 down the freeway the speedo read over 120mph so it's way the hell off.

I put a used engine in it when I bought it, Mr. Cool rode a wheelie so long he sucked the sump dry and spit out a con rod bearing. The motor I replaced it with had just over 8k miles on it when I put it in this spring, and I've put 6300 miles on it this year, just put new plugs in it to SOB runs strong.

If you want I'll wheel it outside and get some pics of it up for ya, wouldn't take but a few minutes.

Not really sure, was looking to get about 2-2500 out of parting it out, also wanted to keep the forks, spring and wheels for the SV since they all fit right over.

The bike really isn't THAT bad, needs a set of clip-ons, upper fairing stay, and new plastic and she'd be pretty much ready to go. the bitch is the odometer says the bike has 25k miles on it. It's WAY the hell off, guy i bought it off of had a 62 tooth sprocket on it since the day he bought it so he could "do wheelies and be cool" (yeah thats a direct quote from him when I went to save the bike, I feel I more adopted an abused bike than I did buy it because it's exactly what I wanted). Going 65 down the freeway the speedo read over 120mph so it's way the hell off.

I put a used engine in it when I bought it, Mr. Cool rode a wheelie so long he sucked the sump dry and spit out a con rod bearing. The motor I replaced it with had just over 8k miles on it when I put it in this spring, and I've put 6300 miles on it this year, just put new plugs in it to SOB runs strong.

If you want I'll wheel it outside and get some pics of it up for ya, wouldn't take but a few minutes.

If you're keeping all that stuff, I'm not interested... Thanks though!

heh, No, wow I managed to leave out a whole paragraph?

I wanted to keep that stuff if I was to part it out, but if you want to buy the whole bike your more than welcome to, saves me some hassel, but I'd like to get 2000 out of it, and as it is I don't think it's worth that, then again I'm a cheap SOB so who knows.

heh, No, wow I managed to leave out a whole paragraph?

I wanted to keep that stuff if I was to part it out, but if you want to buy the whole bike your more than welcome to, saves me some hassel, but I'd like to get 2000 out of it, and as it is I don't think it's worth that, then again I'm a cheap SOB so who knows.

Could be interested. I am tossing around the idea of a track-only bike...

Can't wait to heal up so I can take one for a spin, They definitely seem like what I'm looking for, plus there sexy as hell, SV1000s with the upper fairing removed and an 8" headlight put in it's place, very nice.

just get a SV1k naked. I swapped the single 7" headlight for dual round 5" lights. I might do a hid conversion this winter.

im almost positive there's no performance difference. clip-ons and rearset position (besides the obvious fairings) are the differences. I inverted my bar for a more clip-on like hand position and installed rearset plates that place my rearsets a bit higher and farther back than the SVs for better weight bias and ground clearance.

I'm going to do a gsxr front end also. I think you can do first and or second gen. 600 or 750 without too many problems but im not completely sure. check out www.svrider.com .

hey man, i have an 05 SV1000 that i will be dropping an 07 engine in with 2200 miles.... bike is in perfect condition.. im putting the new engine in b/c i had problems with the inernals on my 05, so i said screw it im putting a new one in.. im only looking for about 5700 for the bike when its complete. Let me know if your inerested... its the dark grey color... brand new rear tire...