Snowblower and ramps

Strictly Street

Stolen 2/27/10 Snowblower and a set of ramps.

Here is a couple of pics from the product brochures.

They used big bolt cutters and were very quick about it.

I'm looking on Craigslist for the brain trusts that stole these at the _end_ of winter.

Y'know _after_ the last big snow of the season. :confused:

snowblower.jpg

ramps.jpg

Broke into the tool shed then cut the lock on the cable which had it locked to the wall.
Its probably a neighbor or somebody that knows you had it. I'd start giving the neighbors the stinkeye.

That's what I was thinking. Kind of sounds like they knew you had it already, they came prepared. Were the ramps right beside it or somewhere totally else?

That's what I was thinking. Kind of sounds like they knew you had it already, they came prepared. Were the ramps right beside it or somewhere totally else?

Yea, they left a lot of other stuff. It was a very quick grab.

They knew what they wanted and what they needed to do to get it.

The ramps were in the shed as well.

They cut the lock off the shed door, then cut the other lock.

This is in an Apt complex so if it was neighbors they couldn't use it themselves.

Friends of neighbors is more likely. They left a lot of other tools. Ladders, hand tools etc. Yep, they had a shopping list.

I still can't get over waiting until spring is almost here to grab it? :confused:

I suggest wireless battery operated, motion detection, silent alarms, inside the shed. No false alarms that way. That and motion detection webcams that can see fairly well in the dark. Or motion detection lights to work with the cameras. I use all of that and more, and move them around to suit the conditions. And the big stick (12ga).

Yea, they left a lot of other stuff. It was a very quick grab.

They knew what they wanted and what they needed to do to get it.

The ramps were in the shed as well.

They cut the lock off the shed door, then cut the other lock.

This is in an Apt complex so if it was neighbors they couldn't use it themselves.

Friends of neighbors is more likely. They left a lot of other tools. Ladders, hand tools etc. Yep, they had a shopping list.

I still can't get over waiting until spring is almost here to grab it? :confused:

Messed up. :nono: I hate living in an apartment complex.

"the problem with cheap rent is that your neighbors can afford it too."

my last two rental dwellings cost around $525/month and were nightmares... I have to remind myself of that each month when I pay $700 in interest on my mortgage.

I suggest wireless battery operated, motion detection, silent alarms, inside the shed. No false alarms that way. That and motion detection webcams that can see fairly well in the dark. Or motion detection lights to work with the cameras. I use all of that and more, and move them around to suit the conditions. And the big stick (12ga).

:plus1:on the big stick!

Sadly no AC power to the shed for goodies.

Thinking of a remote car alarm that has a beeper go off when activated.

Then, the big stick!

Turns out at least three other complexes got hit the same day.

Just take a guess what they took each time?

Give up?

Snow blowers and gas cans.

Then, the big stick!

Give up?

I can get you a wireless motion and receiver that will alert you inside the house if someone is in your shed, but it only works if you are home when they break in.

If you have a security system in the house, I can hook up a wireless motion to that and it will call the cops if its monitored.

Then, the big stick!

Give up?

That's so effed up. :nono: If you don't find it, you may want to check craigslist NEXT fall/winter. They may figure you'll forget and have less chance of getting cought trying to sell them.

Then, the big stick!

The one I use has four battery powered remote transmitters and one indoor wireless receiver. Different alarms for each remote. I can drop one in a car in the driveway, and monitor it overnight. Things like that. Kinda good to keep things moving around and changing. As long as it doesn't fall over or something, it won't go off. Some are mounted up on exterior walls, pointing at the yard. But those generate a lot of false alarms from little animals moving around at night.

The kit came with two wireless remote transmitters and one receiver. I added two more remotes to maximize the receiver. It can handle four wireless inputs.

Edited by ReconRat

I can get you a wireless motion and receiver that will alert you inside the house if someone is in your shed, but it only works if you are home when they break in.

If you have a security system in the house, I can hook up a wireless motion to that and it will call the cops if its monitored.

How would you power such a thing?

Car battery?

The one I use has four battery powered remote transmitters and one indoor wireless receiver. Different alarms for each remote. I can drop one in a car in the driveway, and monitor it overnight. Things like that. Kinda good to keep things moving around and changing. As long as it doesn't fall over or something, it won't go off. Some are mounted up on exterior walls, pointing at the yard. But those generate a lot of false alarms from little animals moving around at night.

The kit came with two wireless remote transmitters and one receiver. I added two more remotes to maximize the receiver. It can handle four wireless inputs.

Hmm.. interesting idea!