Went to Jennings... Had some great pics.. Unfortunately..Crash (Tomato Racing)..

Dubguy85

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

most of the folks I ride with outside OR don't wear helmets, one guy crashed last year at 35ish.

The one thing he said, "I always wondered if you have enough time to think 'keep your head up' and there was"... that being said, he's buying a helmet this year :)

bullshit. When I'm snowboarding and I launch my dumbass off a hill going 10 mph I don't even have time to think about what body part is going to hurt most

Yea sweet pics but I think the bike is beyond my repair. Every time I look at it I find something else major that will need repair. Unfortunately I took the gamble of turning my street bike that I still owe money on into a track bike that my insurance won't cover. So far it looks like its gonna need: new wheels front and rear, triple clamps, forks, rear sub frame, new tank and cover, new swing arm, clip ons, fairing stay and that's without having taken anything off the bike.

EPIC FAIL

Yea sweet pics but I think the bike is beyond my repair. Every time I look at it I find something else major that will need repair. Unfortunately I took the gamble of turning my street bike that I still owe money on into a track bike that my insurance won't cover. So far it looks like its gonna need: new wheels front and rear, triple clamps, forks, rear sub frame, new tank and cover, new swing arm, clip ons, fairing stay and that's without having taken anything off the bike.

EPIC FAIL

Damn man. You might be better off looking for a good bike with a blown motor.

EPIC FAIL

Man, yeah that does suck.....maybe i'm wrong but arent you trying to sell a bike too? I could be thinking of someone else in the FS section.....

Damn man. You might be better off looking for a good bike with a blown motor.

Tomato, I belive i am with max power on this one. Swap everything over, put it back to a street bike. Buy your track only bike or peice together one from the left over from the blown motor bike, and get at it! glad your safe and sound and the helmet did its job!

Jay...all the stuff u just listed I've Had to go thru and check or take apart on the cbr I just got. It's nothing we couldn't do with a weekend a chiltons manual and a twelve pack. I know gsxrs are very popular so finding a decent donor bike shouldn't be hard. I just don't know wich way is cheapest. Whatever u decide man u know my tools and my knowledge are at your disposal.

EPIC FAIL

Looks like its going to be a long garage day :D.

EPIC FAIL

Insurance will cover it. You were not racing and therefore, the company should cover it. Email Monte and ask.

Jay...all the stuff u just listed I've Had to go thru and check or take apart on the cbr I just got. It's nothing we couldn't do with a weekend a chiltons manual and a twelve pack. I know gsxrs are very popular so finding a decent donor bike shouldn't be hard. I just don't know wich way is cheapest. Whatever u decide man u know my tools and my knowledge are at your disposal.

Please don't use a Chiltons manual. Please...

Can't work on it until I get parts for it. I just got off the phone with my health insurance and let's just say I'm glad I get a bonus from work this month.

out of pocket max here I come!!!!!! CT scans are not all their cracked up to be...

Tip of the day... NEVER ride in an ambulance unless ABSOLUTLEY forced to. Broekn collar bone? Buddy drives you. Broken arm? Buddy drives you. DON'T take the wagon...

As for all the scans and stuff, not sure of injury, but 9 times out of 10, you don't need anything that can't be done by your local Dr. If you know you broke a bone and need to get it set, etc., Get a ride and go to the hospital and have them patch you up.

Tip of the day... NEVER ride in an ambulance unless ABSOLUTLEY forced to. Broekn collar bone? Buddy drives you. Broken arm? Buddy drives you. DON'T take the wagon...

ummmm... from a legal and insurance standpoint, that's, quite possibly, the worse advice I've seen.

.. i agree with broken bones dont take a bus(ambulance) and whatnot.. but as far as not going to the ER for scans.. exspecially after a head injury is just not smart.... you may feel fine.. or only have a headache but swelling on the brain could be present as well as internal bleeding and a slew of many other things... and unfortunatly i have seen on more than 1 occasion some one die from not getting a head injury checked out or attempting to wait to get into their PCP( primary doc) and i dont know about many other but i would rather spend the bucks and know my head is good then not wake up from that nap.. that you had to take cuz your tired(symptoms of a concussion) and yes if you have to ask that is the firefighter/emt/medtech in me speaking

so yup just as you said at the bottom of your post get a ride and go the the hospital but do go.... always be safe then sorry...

tho most trackdays that ive seen they require you to take the bus when the medics on scene deem its ness.. and it would always be wise of you to listen to the people that do this for a living

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

Being there at the track when it happened and speaking with med team at track, if it were anything else, the ambulance wouldnt have been called. But since when they got to him, he was knocked out, when he came to, he couldnt tell the medics who the president was. He kept repeating himself about where he was from, who he was with and his name. After that, they had no choice but to call for the ambulance. Its a standard procedure that they practice and im glad they do.

I was very impressed with the timing and professionalism that went on at jennings gp. Med team reacted very quickly and didnt hesitate to help. They were quick to inform me as to which hospital he was taken to and even gave me google map directions to the hospital from the track, how jay was doing and that the only pain he complained about was a headache ( go figure ).

They also informed me that when the ambulance arrived, they wanted to cut jays suit off of him which is where jennings stepped in and removed the suit w/o cutting it off. Glad everything worked out the way it did. It could have been a very long lonely drive back home:(

Man turn 11 gets people. Glad u are ok man! jennings does a great job with downed riders. your bike can be fixed for not too much money,but i recomend going the insurance rout before u even tough it. They do cover trackdays depending on ur carrier.

I don't have auto insurance on the bike because my agent specifically told me that they wouldn't cover it. I argued the point last year that it's none competitive-- advanced rider training blah blah blah and they weren't having it.

I knew if I put insurance back on the bike this year they would nail me for insurance fraud if I tried to do anything about claiming the bike.