Went to Jennings... Had some great pics.. Unfortunately..Crash (Tomato Racing)..

Dubguy85

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Died... Prob not... drilling a hole in his skull to drain blood.. PROBABLY :p

I agree... A helmet is not something I'm going to skimp on.... Dot and Snell approved for me! (Not that the HJC CL-15 isn't snell or dot) I'm just sayin!

FWIW I've crashed no less than 3 HJC helmets. Although some will be sure to debate it, there have been no lasting ill effects.

FWIW I've crashed no less than 3 HJC helmets. Although some will be sure to debate it, there have been no lasting ill effects.

Well, I've decided to make my HJC CS-R1 a $600 helmet... I slapped a Snell sticker on the back and put $500 cash under the lining with a note that says "Please use to pay my deductible".

LOL :)

Also Todd, maybe if you were a better racer you wouldn't crash as often. :D OH SNAP

Well, I've decided to make my HJC CS-R1 a $600 helmet... I slapped a Snell sticker on the back and put $500 cash under the lining with a note that says "Please use to pay my deductible".

LOL :)

Also Todd, maybe if you were a better racer you wouldn't crash as often. :D OH SNAP

All of my HJC helmets were Snell approved right out of the box, but I haven't had an HJC in about 10 years, so maybe they aren't Snell approved any longer.

I've also managed to ruin a Suomy and an Arai in addition to the HJC's and noticed no appreciable difference in the protection of my melon. The only thing I got out of the "better" helmets was increased comfort and an over all higher "quality" lid.

Believe me, if I was a better racer I'd have crashed MORE, not less.

o wtf..andy only one pic of me?? The reason jay hasnt posted is bc we were still driving on our way back from florida. Scary and violent crash, i was almost out on the track behind him tooo. Glad to see hes ok and ready to get back on the track when the bike is fixed:)

Bike is a little further from repair than I thought, but I'll be back on the saddle as soon as I can be.

As far as my health, KawiGuy can probably attest to my poor memory as of late. I seem to be having trouble remembering short term things but the paper work I got from the hospital says that should go away over the next week or so.

I'm probably most upset about the fact that I just got the plastics back from the painter on Thursday only to destroy them on Monday. I haven't decided how I'm going to break the news to him yet. I think the forks might be bent and the subframe is tweaked as well. On a lighter note, the bike can be fixed... I cannot.

I can't wait to get back out there!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I was snoring when then came and put me on the stretcher and when I finally came back to I told them George Bush was the president. lol

On the helmet topic. I do agree you shouldn't skimp on protection something like your head. However I don't believe there is a direct correlation between the money you spend and the protection you get. Although, good fit and protection are the main aspect of the helmet, when you get into the higher priced helmet you are also paying a large premium for light weight and aero among other things like name brand. I ride a Shoe RF-1000 but from what I have read the scorpion helmets do just as good at keeping you out of the hospital.

Having said that I banged my last RF-1000 on a concrete wall and was really impressed with the way the force was distributed. I had light bruising all around my head rather than 1 bad spot. No concussion either, although I think I was out for a few seconds. Having gone through that. I stuck with what I already know. a $330 helmet.

Now, off the helmet subject. That looks like a fun time but wow nice wreck photos. Hate to be reminded how violent a crash can be.

most of the folks I ride with outside OR don't wear helmets, one guy crashed last year at 35ish.

The one thing he said, "I always wondered if you have enough time to think 'keep your head up' and there was"... that being said, he's buying a helmet this year :)