Hey gals...anyone have recommendations/opinionson this gear/brand?

PrincessPratt

So I'm thinking of getting a new jacket this season. I'm probably getting a new bike so I wanted a new jacket that is safe. Any of you ladies ever worn these, gone down in these, or have friends that have? I like the white look but I want something that is gonna hold up if I down my bike. I know alpine stars is pretty good but I've never heard of this fieldsheer (kinda like the jacket tho). Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :D

Shift:

2009-Shift-Racing-Womens-Viper-Leather-Jacket.gif

Fieldsheer:

2009-Fieldsheer-Womens-Alpina-Jacket.jpg

Alpinestars stella ice:

2813-0179.jpg

Alpinestarts stell tyla (my personal fav but most costly):

Alpinestars_Womens_Stella_Tyla_Leather_Jacket_White_zoom.jpg?1235170553

Have you thought about Joe Rocket?

I love my jacket!

1635_Aura_Leather_Jacket300.jpg

http://www.joerocket.com/

I pulled up a website of all women's jackets that had several brands. These were the ones that had some white in them. So your jacket's pretty durable? I thought you had a scorpion jacket?

Shift for the win!!!!!!!!!!! Be careful with white though... They tend to look NASTY quick.. Although SWEET when kept spotless!

Ya and I am horrible in upkeep. LoL.

That Shift jacket is pretty badass.

I do like the shift too. I'm thinking of getting the 2009 GSXR 600. Ask has it waiting for me. I just have to go sign the papers. I'm still looking around for a better deal tho. This jacket would look pretty sweet with the white bike and my white arai. ;)

How are these jackets cut in the back? You want them to be cut longer in the back. Can they be attached to pants? If so what kind of zipper, full or partial.

Great deals right now on 2009 ZX6R, $6,900 plus taxes, no title work or any additional fees. This does not include the Monster theme that is $200 more.

White will attract bugs & grime, and will require more care. Looks great, but gets nasty quicker.

I don't think there's a huge difference in quality amongst the brands you listed - all are mid-pack jackets and will probably perform as good as one another for wear and in an accident. I have some Fieldsheer stuff and have owned A-star and some shift-offroad. It's all about as good as each other.

Look hard at the stitching, the size and quality of it, and how exposed it is. That's the tale of the tape with leather. Even in the same brand two different jackets can be two very different qualities.

Don't forget pants too....if you've had to endure the road-rash scrub in the ER, you'll cover it all up! ;)

So I'm thinking of getting a new jacket this season. I'm probably getting a new bike so I wanted a new jacket that is safe. Any of you ladies ever worn these, gone down in these, or have friends that have? I like the white look but I want something that is gonna hold up if I down my bike. I know alpine stars is pretty good but I've never heard of this fieldsheer (kinda like the jacket tho). Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :D

i'm sure there are a few girls that have gone down in one of them.

+1 for the shift jacket...

Take some leather and seude water proof spray and spray the all white leather....puts a thin coat on top of the leather and stops the dirt from coating the leather.....Not saying this will keep it prefect, but it will help..

I have being doing this with all my leather tennis shoes for years...and a lot of people know how I am with my shoes...(over 100 pairs)....

Good luck on the jacket shopping

My wife wears a Joe Rocket jacket of fabric and mesh with a removeable liner that has shoulder, elbow and back armor in it. I think she got it from www.newenough.com She likes it because she can wear it in the summer and it's not too warm. She had a relatively low speed spill and the armor really saved her arm from some damage. I'm sure just a leather jacket would have done the same for the road rash, don't know about the actual impact injuries. I guess my point is 1) armor is worth it 2)buy a jacket that you can wear in warm weather. The full face helmet kept her jaw in one piece.

You might want to check out Leather Up: http://www.leatherup.com/c/Womens-Motorcycle-Jackets/sortby_price/sortby_price/2/103.html

I vote for the "Shift" if it's got armor.

Edited by newOldUser