Car Audio--Subwoofer Enclosure I've built...

rawlins87

ok mister box maker man.. ive got 2 8" solobaric L5s (?).. and a 400 W Kicker class D amp. What kind of box would you build for it? the last one i built was i think 4cuft fully enclosed.. it sounded better than most 10/12 of my friends..

ok mister box maker man.. ive got 2 8" solobaric L5s (?).. and a 400 W Kicker class D amp. What kind of box would you build for it? the last one i built was i think 4cuft fully enclosed.. it sounded better than most 10/12 of my friends..

4 cubic feet after driver displacement and material displacement?

IMO that's too large, it would only decrease the mechanical power handling. I would only build that big unless running a low power amp, a home theatre build, or it your wanting a narrow bandwidth.

If it was my setup I would run them in a 1.8-2.0 cubic foot ported box. Driver and port placement depending on vehicle. Tuning anywhere from 30-42.

Or a quasi 8th order with an internal volume of 1.45-1.6.

Also if you have an underpowered amp and a low qts subwoofer transmission line is also an option.

4 cubic feet after driver displacement and material displacement?

IMO that's too large, it would only decrease the mechanical power handling. I would only build that big unless running a low power amp, a home theatre build, or it your wanting a narrow bandwidth.

If it was my setup I would run them in a 1.8-2.0 cubic foot ported box. Driver and port placement depending on vehicle. Tuning anywhere from 30-42.

Or a quasi 8th order with an internal volume of 1.45-1.6.

Also if you have an underpowered amp and a low qts subwoofer transmission line is also an option.

could you put the last couple points in retard language please... ;) thanks