OSU Shooting this morning. Everyone OK?

InyaAzz

Nobody is stating otherwise.

The argument here is whether armed citizens would have the wherewithal to properly handle the attack.

Well that's not how the conversation was earlier, earlier it seemed as if SCJ was defending policy not to allow firearms, rather than even admitting the people could have possibly stopped it. He hasn't answered the question on his stance.

Really? How do you get your groceries? I don't know any grocery stores that allow guns inside.

:lol:

Really? I don't know of a grocery store that DOESN'T allow.... Giant Eagle, Marc's, Kroger, etc etc. But it DOES depend on location, for non-corporate type places (like Marc's) I believe individual managers can set policy.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kroger, Wal-Mart. Don't need to go anywhere else. :D

Kroger's doesn't allow: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80071&highlight=kroger

And I believe Walmart doesn't allow guns, mostly because of a screwed up ohio law about alcohol and guns? (Obviously it's screwed up since they also sell guns, lol.)

Kroger's doesn't allow: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80071&highlight=kroger

And I believe Walmart doesn't allow guns, mostly because of a screwed up ohio law about alcohol and guns? (Obviously it's screwed up since they also sell guns, lol.)

Uhmm, you're WAY off on Walmart... they 100% allow carry, open and concealed

Also, the thing you posted for Kroger is 6 years old... trust me brotha, things have changed.

Well that's not how the conversation was earlier, earlier it seemed as if SCJ was defending policy not to allow firearms, rather than even admitting the people could have possibly stopped it. He hasn't answered the question on his stance.

I think SCJ has a different viewpoint than we do base on his duties on OSU campus. He might know more about it's students and staff than you or I do. I don't think he's saying he's 100% opposed to the idea but that it is uncertain of what the outcome would have been even if someone near the accident was armed.

Just my opinion like anyone else's that made a post here today.

Sorry, but I call bullshit. Was this on the news? Its rare that a gun goes bang from dropping it.

Because if it doesn't come from the media, it can't be true? :roll:

Like I said, true story. They heard a loud ass bang and nobody knew what it was. Come to find out some dude managed to drop his piece and hit some guy in the leg or foot. (I can't remember)

And now I'm gonna quote fuck ya!

Thats the problem. You cant trust the media in this country
The media loves to sensationalize
Don't buy in to the media hype people. Do your research.

I was merely responding to the grocery store issue.

My mom was at Meijer two weeks ago and some jackass dropped his CC piece on the floor and it shot some dude in the foot.

TRUE STORY

Because if it doesn't come from the media, it can't be true? :roll:

Like I said, true story. They heard a loud ass bang and nobody knew what it was. Come to find out some dude managed to drop his piece and hit some guy in the leg or foot. (I can't remember)

And now I'm gonna quote fuck ya!

Bubby, if that shit happened in Columbus or the surrounding area, it would have been a fucking media circus. It would have been on every news channel, it would be front page of every newspaper. It wouldnt just be known to you and your mom.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I Googled concealed carry shooting at Meijer, shot in foot at Meijer, etc. NOTHING.

So again, I call bullshit. Now I'll fuck you. I'm calling you out. Prove it happened.

Pretty sure Wal-Mart policy is to mimic the laws of the state that particular store is in. I do believe they also leave the final decision to the store manager' date=' but don't quote me.[/quote']

The state law piece sounds right, manager discretion? HA! Not at Wal-Mart.

NOTHING is manager discretion at Wal-Mart. The manager certainly could have you kicked out for open carrying or something, but if you contact the district manager they'll fix the problem.

an armed citizen would have more wherewithal than an unarmed citizen

how so?

plenty of morons can pass a ccw test and plenty of smart people don't try.

Not every gun owner has the ability to handle a gun wielding aggressor.

Bubby, if that shit happened in Columbus or the surrounding area, it would have been a fucking media circus. It would have been on every news channel, it would be front page of every newspaper. It wouldnt just be known to you and your mom.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I Googled concealed carry shooting at Meijer, shot in foot at Meijer, etc. NOTHING.

So again, I call bullshit. Now I'll fuck you. I'm calling you out. Prove it happened.

I can't. But if the Gahanna Police and Meijer management didn't report it to the local media, it's possible that they kept it quiet.

I can't. But if the Gahanna Police and Meijer management didn't report it to the local media, it's possible that they kept it quiet.

Oh, ok. I'm sure that everyone in the store kept quiet about a shooting in a neighborhood like Gahanna......and I'm also sure that the media doesnt read any police reports or listen to scanners or anything like that. Its totally plausible that an accidental shooting in a big box store was completely swept under the rug....by all the employees, customers, media and police. uh huh. riiiight.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

No sign posted in a conspicuous location=CC.

Uhmm, you're WAY off on Walmart... they 100% allow carry, open and concealed

Also, the thing you posted for Kroger is 6 years old... trust me brotha, things have changed.

What he said.

Pretty sure Wal-Mart policy is to mimic the laws of the state that particular store is in. I do believe they also leave the final decision to the store manager' date=' but don't quote me.[/quote']

Yep. Wal-Mart abides by the laws of the state they are located in. CC is legal in Ohio therefore CC in legal in a Wal-Mart in Ohio.

Sure' date=' but if the manager tells you to GTFO you need to GTFO.. regardless of company policy. That's what I was trying to say.[/quote']

QFT

how so?

plenty of morons can pass a ccw test and plenty of smart people don't try.

Not every gun owner has the ability to handle a gun wielding aggressor.

lol.....even a moron with a gun would be better equiped to handle a gun wielding aggressor than someone who was completely unarmed.....your just pretending to be stupid, right?.....right?

Fixed it for you. :)

Thanks IP. :D

lol.....even a moron with a gun would be better equiped to handle a gun wielding aggressor than someone who was completely unarmed.....your just pretending to be stupid' date=' right?.....right?[/quote']

:popcorn:

lol.....even a moron with a gun would be better equiped to handle a gun wielding aggressor than someone who was completely unarmed.....your just pretending to be stupid, right?.....right?

That's bullshit.

Remember that shooting in the bar in toledo?

5 gunmen, at least 20 shots, NO injuries.

Having a gun in your pocket or on your hip doesn't mean you are equipped to use it effectively.

That's bullshit.

Remember that shooting in the bar in toledo?

5 gunmen, at least 20 shots, NO injuries.

Having a gun in your pocket or on your hip doesn't mean you are equipped to use it effectively.

How many of them were CHL holders? I don't remember.

Side note:

Maybe we need to outlaw guns and gun manufacturers. That would alleviate all the gun violence problems. :rolleyes:

Edited by chevysoldier