Time to experiment.

Casper

http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-prius-unintended-acceleration-san-diego.html

Almost the exact same area where the runaway Lexus killed people last year. Anybody wanting to back my theory of electromagnetic interference causing the acceleration?

I think I'm going to start testing my theory. Anyone want to take bets that a slot car race track causes enough interference to change idle speed? It will scramble a TV on a different level of a building. It's pretty much the most electromagnetic interference you can create at home. I'll try it, a blender, a degausser, etc. We'll see if we can get it to accelerate. It'd be alot easier if I could peel the shielding off one of the wires to simulate it being worn. An unshielded wire is much more likely to pick up the signal. Anyone have a Toyota they want to test on? I think Carie will kill me if I use the Camry. LOL

How in the hell is it that the driver was unable to turn off the engine or put it in neutral? I dunno know about your car but if you

turn the damn key its gonna shut off, and "unable to shift into neutral" how is that even possible.

And I suppose the brakes didn't work at all????????

BTW, I just tried it with my work van, engine running, in drive, moving forward, turned key, woooow engine turned off.

How in the hell is it that the driver was unable to turn off the engine or put it in neutral? I dunno know about your car but if you

turn the damn key its gonna shut off' date=' and "unable to shift into neutral" how is that even possible.

And I suppose the brakes didn't work at all????????

BTW, I just tried it with my work van, engine running, in drive, moving forward, turned key, woooow engine turned off.[/quote']

Priuses have push button start fyi,

Priuses have push button start fyi,

So does my Lexus, if you hold it in it will still shut it off. Still, should have been able to shift into neutral, which would have been the best thing as it makes sure to maintain all power equipment.

I swear people are idiots. I don't understand how the car won't go in neutral AND you can use the break. I think this is BS. I mean what a coincidence that they couldn't turn the car off, put it in neutral OR hit the breaks... i call BS on this one

So does my Lexus, if you hold it in it will still shut it off. Still, should have been able to shift into neutral, which would have been the best thing as it makes sure to maintain all power equipment.

or you can down shift into 1 or whatever it wont be going more then 20-30mph...I think people just want to get $$$.

I call B.S. on this Prius in Cali. Guy did not have the frame of mind at 90mph to simply click the car in neutral yet he was able to call CHP and drive around till they caught up with him and instructed him to "use the brakes". Sorry, I just ain't buying it.

I call B.S. on this Prius in Cali. Guy did not have the frame of mind at 90mph to simply click the car in neutral yet he was able to call CHP and drive around till they caught up with him and instructed him to "use the brakes". Sorry, I just ain't buying it.

For 20 minutes none the less. Give me a break.

He should NOT have a license. Sorry, but if you can't be in control enough to put the thing in neutral to get it back into control, you probably shouldn't be driving. I hope he was calling 911 from a handsfree device, if not, said license should be revoked.....

I had a Volvo 240 that I had the air conditioner condenser replaced. The mechanic forgot an L shaped phillips in the throttle cable assembly. Got stuck wide open on 315. Hazards, cut ignition, neutral, restart, in gear, and repeat as needed until I was safely out of the way. Natural selection is rooting out Toyota drivers.