Dunlop Qualifers

grapesmuggler27

Im switching to the Q2's this year. Seems that the rear wears pretty fast. But i have nothing else to compare it to. 5000 miles is about what i got out of my rear. The center is smoked and the sides are almost down to the wear lines. O and i cant forget about the 1/2 inch chicken strips.:D

I got 5,000 easy outta my Qualifiers. I think they handle good, but I've never ridden anything else to give an honest comparison. I'm sure there are "stickier" tires out there, but I'm also sure you won't get near the longevity out of them

My understanding of them has always been they're a nice combination of respectable handling with long wear.

Like most things in life.... It comes down to personal preference & your riding style, but the price you mentioned sounds solid

Edited by Fonzie

Got 8000 miles out of my rear qualifier and 8700 out of my front qualifier. That's with the rear on the cord.

Jeez -did you lean it and twist the loud handle at the same time?

---Ok - I'm being an asshat. I got 3600 on the rear and 5100 on the front from the Q's I had. I like 'em and will get the Q2's next time too.

MD

I H8 qualifiers, I had to run a qualifier rear for the last part of my first season on the XX cause I didn't know what mileage to expect out of the PDS. I called state 8 for a same day swap, and all they had in stock was the Dunflop Q, barely lasted 3000 miles, and hopped and skipped all pver the place on me in the corners. Contrasted with my 7000+ mile Pirelli Diablo Strada rear life, and the fact that I've never had an issue with grip on them... I will never run another DQ as long as I have an alternative. my $.02

Edited by magley64

my buddy lloves the qualifiers, i am more of a michelin guy myself.. i had the dunlop road smarts last year, and they are a decent tire, but cupping and squaring off was an issue so i switched to the pilot road 2cts this year. so far i like them, dont have many miles on them yet though.

you can get the pilot power 2cts pretty cheap right now.

Jeez -did you lean it and twist the loud handle at the same time?

lol, just rode it like I always do. A few hard runs here and there mixed with some city and highway commuting. Maybe I got lucky. We'll see, there's another set in the garage waiting for it this spring.

I got just over 6,000 on my original Qualifiers during the ride to Mohawk Dam with LeNko and the rainy ride home November 29th. Alarmingly slick in the rain at that point! I was able to get the new Q2s installed mid December, $290 (included shipping) and have only put about 150 miles on them this week. As I have nothing else to compare them to, I can't exactly offer an opinion, but I have no complaints yet.

I have qualifiers on my track bike. So far I like the grip better than regular Pilot Powers, but I think the PP 2CT is a better tire, and for less money thorugh STG right now...

I have absolutely zero input on highway life for Qualifiers, but the rear will last 5-8 trackdays, depending on your pace.

if you don't like Michelins for some reason, $280 is a decent price for Qualifiers, but email parts@nesba.com and ask for a price quote as well. I don't recall what I paid for my pair, but $260 seems to stick in my mind.

I have had them on my old gsxr and then got a set for my new 750 after my Pilot Powers were shot... I like them... I have a buddy who put some on his 600rr after his 2CT's were junk.. He hated them and switched back, so I guess its all up to you... I'd say they are worth trying out though... But shop around... I just found 2CT's for 220 shipped and that was the first place I went to...

I have that problem too. Maybe it's because we both weigh next to nothing? :confused: Not the best thing for confidence building.

I'm not sure if weight is a factor, my bike is a pig at almost 500 lbs.:dunno:

but I agree, I didn't feel confident on them at all...The Metzeler M3's that the previous owner put on the bike lasted almost as long and they were REALLY sticky.

Edited by magley64