Some changes to the Sv

Lost1888

Hey ya'll.

So this winter I have been pretty busy getting some maintenance done I've been postponing for a while. Did a valve adjustment on 4 buckets, TB sync, Gps, brakes and some other miscellaneous cosmetic stuff. This week should have a new front tire and it's time to ride.

Give me your opinions on the changes. Tell me what you have been doing with your bikes.

I have pics all over the place from the before and all that matters now is the after.

Here's a couple I uploaded into a album from when I finished up yesterday.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/album.php?albumid=901

picture.php?albumid=901&pictureid=10034

See everyone on the road :safemotorcycle:

since the winter the VFR has gotten..

Honda Hard bags

new tires

oil change

valve adjustment

PAIR removal

air box mod

cleaned the k&n

new did chain

new thermostat

new coolant

new plugs

EBC HH pads all the way around

fresh clutch and brake fluid

shad backrest pad for the top case

vortex billet keyless gas cap

probably some other shit im forgetting at the moment..

yeah i know..

i had it out the other day.. it feels alot better.

and i feel alot better knowing what i took care of.

BTW i love the Michelin PR2s :D

That's what I think I'm gonna try out this time around. Heard many good things about the PR2.

I sold my Katana, but still have the 1982 GS 850 L. I have a replacement headlight bucket on order, should be here by the end of the week. Inside the original bucket, the reflective material is dull and not very reflective.

Very nice. I'd stare at your bike all day. Makes me miss my '05 Yellow Naked SV...brings back lots of memories. Some of the same mods too; bar end mirrors and tank cover. Would've been nice to keep it for track/fun stuff and put some performance upgrades on it. The Yoshi pipe looks so much better than the stock cannon piece. Yellow was definitely one of the best colors for the SV.

Here's a pic of the old kid.

n3402780_33731495_6187.jpg

i dislike you :bow:

Well alrighty then. Join the club. Sometimes I dislike myself. :wtf:

Very nice. I'd stare at your bike all day. Makes me miss my '05 Yellow Naked SV...brings back lots of memories. Some of the same mods too; bar end mirrors and tank cover. Would've been nice to keep it for track/fun stuff and put some performance upgrades on it. The Yoshi pipe looks so much better than the stock cannon piece. Yellow was definitely one of the best colors for the SV.

Here's a pic of the old kid.

Very nice! You had a hell of a touring setup on there. I've tried a couple diffent saddle bags and never found ones I could be that happy with. I'm gonna try the Cortech smaller bags this year if the ones a friend of mine has don't fit quite right. I should just bite the bullet and do a hard bag setup and be done with it. What did you have on there and was there any two up possibilities with what you had?

Very nice! You had a hell of a touring setup on there. I've tried a couple diffent saddle bags and never found ones I could be that happy with. I'm gonna try the Cortech smaller bags this year if the ones a friend of mine has don't fit quite right. I should just bite the bullet and do a hard bag setup and be done with it. What did you have on there and was there any two up possibilities with what you had?

I had a Nelson-Rigg Silver Streak setup with the deluxe saddlebags and a seat bag all connected together (they're still a current model). The top case is a Givi E46 (second to the largest). Never tried touring with it two-up; however, I could envision it being a problem because the saddlebags just gave me enough clearance for my legs only.

Aerostitch sells waterproof, low-profile saddle bags made by Ortlieb. It's shown mounted on a late-model Kawi-something but it might work; leg clearance may still be an issue, though.

http://www.aerostich.com/ortlieb-low-profile-dry-bag-saddlebag.html

Yeah I bought some silver steaks and sold them the same day. The Areostich ones you mention sure are different. For $187 I doubt I'll give them a shot. I'm just gonna get something to haul rain gear and extra underwear for weekend trips.

ok may be i dont dislike you but i am envious of the mods you have done to your sv650

Well get to work man! The greatest thing about the SV is the aftermarket is deep and the bike is cheap to maintain so it opens up more cash for gas and mods.

Yeah I bought some silver steaks and sold them the same day. The Areostich ones you mention sure are different. For $187 I doubt I'll give them a shot. I'm just gonna get something to haul rain gear and extra underwear for weekend trips.

Simplest solution I can think of is picking up a waterproof stuff bag from Gander Mtn. or a store like that and strapping it down to the back seat with some ROK Straps or bungee cords. I've done that setup on the FJR for my extra rain stuff for the long trips. Worked for the SV too.

@ silverfox.. how much did those Goodyear air springs you had to install on that SV set you back? :lol:

Actually, weight distribution wasn't too bad on it; just had to adjust the preload by a click if I was really packing it. I have to admit, the setup looked quite ridiculous but worked very well. The key was keeping the weight balanced on both sides and within bike's load limits. :D

If I'm going solo that's perfectly fine. I'm hoping to make a Gap trip this year and my wife wants to come. So if it does happen I'm gonna need the back seat. Although I should make her just take the car.

I've tried to convince her to at least take a MSF class but she has no interest. I guess I'll look at the good side of it. Riding is my "man time" away with me, myself and my bike. At least she isn't beating me at my own game.:D