For any of you planning trips to Deal's Gap...might want to wait a bit.

MadMadame

From Tail of the Dragon:

March 14, 2010: The rock slide on US 129 is located between the Dragon and Happy Valley Road/Foothills Parkway. Removal is scheduled to take several weeks. The road will likely be blocked completely at times, but for now there is one lane open with flaggers. There is no guarantee the one-lane will remain open and as of today we know of no way to check ahead. The only alternatives are the Cherohala Skyway which got more snow this morning and US 441 through the Great Smoky Mountains. Remember it’s a long way to backtrack if the road is completely closed.

And then you got this dumbass. Good thing there weren't any bikes in front of him. :rolleyes:

http://www.wbir.com/video/default.aspx?aid=90522#/Local+News/Web+Extra%3A+10+News+camera+captures+car+drive+into+rockslide/44024439001/39627146001/71783729001

Seen that video clip on TV tonight, what a butthole. He obviously wasn't paying attention to anything but the news crew till it was too late.

Of course I don't know how close the turn is to the rocks.

Edited by bandit12

Happy Valley Road is right where the Foothills Parkway intersects 129. Based on the video, I'd say it's to the south of Happy Valley a bit. So it won't really affect the Gap itself at all as it's a mile or so before you get to it (coming from the north anyway).

Go around and hit the Gap from the South and you'll have no issues at all. All of the best riding is south of here.

"Man, I didn't even see it!" - fugger must have been blind!

Edited by Earache

fucikin massive man tits on that dude grossss

Stupid people not paying attention. What if there were workers there? It would have not been pretty

Holy shite I caught that too. He has no need of a girlfriend! His own teats, and his dog with peanut butter, and he could wait out the Apocolypse.

That guy has to be blind as a bat.... Or paying absolutely NO attention to the road :rolleyes:

some one get that dude an his dog a sumo haha

Like the new sig avatar Adam.... Slick

He has no need of a girlfriend! His own teats, and his dog with peanut butter, and he could wait out the Apocolypse.

roflmao.gif Who knows.... Maybe that's why he wasn't payin' attention to the road ;)

Holy shite I caught that too. He has no need of a girlfriend! His own teats, and his dog with peanut butter, and he could wait out the Apocolypse.

Pfff, not if that poor dog passes away from internal injuries suffered from that guys.......yeah, a "car accident" riiiiight :rolleyes: