Hello from lancaster oh

Doug

Im new to ohio riders and im new to riding. As of june 1 2010 it will be my 1 year anniversary as a rider. Now i admit im a newb so bear with me. Anyways im a father of 2 a 12 year old son and a 8 year old daughter. My life evolves around them. I became a rider when my nephew lost his life 2 years ago on gender rd. He was on his way to work on his ducati when a van full of teens getting high decided to run a stop sign and kill him. I ride in his honor. He was a good man he was home for 3 short months when he lost his life. His name is ssgt. William culp. Now my wife i been married to for 15 years. We just moved back to ohio from utah 03/01/09 to be closer to family any thing else feel free to ask.

He served our country proudly to come home and be killed by teens getting high. I know i should forgive but i can't. He left behind his wife esher,his father bill, sister beth, brothers jeremy and david and many others. Thank u casper for your thoughts. And yes it is a very small world. Bill is my nephew and to this day i will not understand how people can be so careless. And an update the teens in the van got a slap on the wrist. Since when is taking a life worth probation?

It runs lol just no front brakes. I was on broad street bringing it home some idiot in a car decided he was going to suddenly stop and turn so i had to put rear brake on hard and ended up doing a 180 on broad st but my feet never left the pegs and my bike never went down some ONE up there was watching over me lol. Yes riding together would be great im on madison and mulberry right besides madisons fish

It runs lol just no front brakes. I was on broad street bringing it home some idiot in a car decided he was going to suddenly stop and turn so i had to put rear brake on hard and ended up doing a 180 on broad st but my feet never left the pegs and my bike never went down some ONE up there was watching over me lol. Yes riding together would be great im on madison and mulberry right besides madisons fish

Sucks to hear man. I'm sure there are a few people here who could fix your issues. Not all that close to us unfortunately.

Welcome to the site Doug.

He served our country proudly to come home and be killed by teens getting high. I know i should forgive but i can't. He left behind his wife esher,his father bill, sister beth, brothers jeremy and david and many others. Thank u casper for your thoughts. And yes it is a very small world. Bill is my nephew and to this day i will not understand how people can be so careless. And an update the teens in the van got a slap on the wrist. Since when is taking a life worth probation?

I was just reading his thread earlier. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure it doesn't hurt any less the more days that go by. While I was in Iraq, there was a girl in another in another unit, 10th Mtn. Div. that had been there something like 6 months. About 23 years old. She went home on leave and I never saw her again. One day I cam across her bituary in the newspaper and found out she died trying to save her drowning brother. She drowned instead of him. It tore me up pretty good and I didn't even know her that well. Just the fact that she had survived the sandbox and all that comes with it only to die at home. At least she didn't die from someone else's stupidity but given the circumstances it was hard. She isn't the only one I have known that this has happened to. :(:mad: So I know a little of where you come from.

Are you going to ride the Ohio Fallen Heroes ride? I'll be there again this year as will jporter12. Let me know if you'd be interested.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

4th Annual Charity Poker Run and Military Tribute "Salute to our Heroes" at AD Farrow Harley Davidson in Sunbury, Ohio (I-71 & SR 37)

Guaranteed prize money!

ALL Bikes are welcome!

Ride ends at AD Farrow with Live music, food, 50/50 raffle, military displays, vendors and much more.

Public welcome to join us at AD Farrow for the festivities beginning at 4:00pm.

This is our main fundraising event, hopefully you can join us for a good cause.

Check back later for more details:

First Welcome to the site from another former Lancasteronian.

I just want to say I think it's great you Honor your family member by riding.

Hope to see you out there one day.

What's up with the brakes? Any idea?