Clutch basket holding tool?

palandor

Anyone know where I could pick up a clutch basket holding tool (prefer local so I don't have to pay shipping, but if online+shipping is cheaper...)? I'm guessing dealerships will have them for a bunch of bucks...

Or, if any SW Ohio (Dayton/Beavercreek area) folks have one I could borrow for 2 minutes to put a new clutch boss on the bike... :-D

(the bike is a yamaha xt225)

-Brian

put it in gear, and if your not fat like flounder, wrap a bar (like a jack handle) in towels and put it through your wheel and swingarm.

I dont like risking the rims but the towel method is done by many.. And actually I was stating to sit on it for weight because thats how I did it on my dirtbike, not my streetbike. :) Dirtbike spokes wont exactly hold up to the 2x4 method..

Penis.. :D:cool:

Harbor Freight.

or

just put it in Gear, sit on the bike to get weight on the rear wheel and mash the rear brake down while your breaking the center bolt loose. Thats what I do.

Hmm, I'm heading to harbor freight after work but didn't see on on their webpage.

The bolt is already off.. I broke the clutch boss while trying to put the nut back on. :-/ (it says 50 foot-pounds torque, but I wonder if they actually meant it.)

put it in gear, and if your not fat like flounder, wrap a bar (like a jack handle) in towels and put it through your wheel and swingarm.

I'll probably end up doing this. Thanks!