I find it interesting.....

modular

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Every once and a while I get a laugh when someone coming at me does one of those waves where they sit up real tall and do an open hand full arm arch from one side of their bike to the other. A real "Howdy!" wave.

Ha, that was my first wave of the year. First bike I saw. The only other bike I saw that day. Cold weather ride, South out of Marysville near Milford. I stood up and waved, lol.

Every bike waves going into and back from work. I've seen most of them all before, many times. Well ok, the scooters don't always figure it out in time. Ok, the Ducatis often just look. Yeah ok, the BMWs won't take eyes off road. And yeah, Harleys are obviously busy on a mission, and can't spare the time.

But sometimes they wave too...

I've only passed a couple bikes so far this year, and one of them was while I was stopping and downshifting, so he got the nod, but he did wave. Sportbike riders are like that.

The HD riders are usually on a mission alright, a mission to stop the blurry vision from the vibration long enough to induce blurry vision from the alcohol they'll drink at the4 bar where they stopped.... (sorry Art, it was your choice to buy one!)

I wave at anyone, i dont give a care if its a bicycle or a harley, or a pink vespa. I just enjoy the ride. Most harley guys won't wave, and most wont speak to me at a gas station untill they realize im riding a triumph, and then they say " is that really a triumph?"

Lol, I actually have waved to a pink vespa. I'll wave to about anyone on a 2 wheels, circumstances permitting. The scooters will usually look behind them like

"who me?" :lol: I'll wave at HD guys too. If they don't wave I give them a :bigfinger::lol: BMW guys are the worst I think, they never wave. The only one I have seen that does is one I would pass pretty often on my way to work.

Lol, I actually have waved to a pink vespa. I'll wave to about anyone on a 2 wheels, circumstances permitting. The scooters will usually look behind them like

"who me?" :lol: I'll wave at HD guys too. If they don't wave I give them a :bigfinger::lol: BMW guys are the worst I think, they never wave. The only one I have seen that does is one I would pass pretty often on my way to work.

I think I've passed that BMW guy. DO you pass him on 37? If so, it's probably the same guy.

I don't wave to bicycles, they almost never even acknowledge that you're there. I think they owuld rather not see anyone else on THEIR road.... :bigfinger: to them!

I think I've passed that BMW guy. DO you pass him on 37? If so, it's probably the same guy.

I don't wave to bicycles, they almost never even acknowledge that you're there. I think they owuld rather not see anyone else on THEIR road.... :bigfinger: to them!

Yeah on 37.

No, no bicycles. :lol:

I give the 'normal' wave to 'normal' looking riders.

if some huge cruiser with a rider in sleeveless denim and a fu-manchu comes roaring down the road, I do my best to give him the biggest, gheyest wave possible. I also yell "hay-ay" in my helmet, although I'm pretty sure they don't hear me. That's just for my benefit.

70863-oh_u.jpg

Dang, you know... I wave to people on the sidewalk, or on the porch watching traffic. If they are watching us go by, or even just me alone. I'll give a little wave and say hi. Actually, it's kinda fun when you're hitting a lean through a corner and manage to still wave like it was nothing to ride with one hand doing that. Not recommended for beginners. Practice first.

Is the BMW guy on a 650GS with a hi-viz jacket? That fucker passes me north of Johnstown and never waves. I flip him off now.

I don't know my BMW bikes but I think that's him with the hi-viz jacket. I pass him on the south side tho, he's heading towards Alexandria.

Dang, you know... I wave to people on the sidewalk, or on the porch watching traffic. If they are watching us go by, or even just me alone. I'll give a little wave and say hi. Actually, it's kinda fun when you're hitting a lean through a corner and manage to still wave like it was nothing to ride with one hand doing that. Not recommended for beginners. Practice first.

How do you practice with one hand? Try it for 1 second, then 2 seconds...? :lol:

Yeah, I've been getting stiffed a lot this year. I'm used to it from cruiser guys, but I still wave anyway just in case they don't have their assless chaps on too tight. But even sport bikes have been douching it up this year, it's pretty lame.

Actually there was an editorial in one of the bike mags in which the author expressed his dismay that while riding in Europe no one returned his "wave". He was told by a group of Europan riders it wasn't cool as it signified you were not paying full attention to your riding etc. So it is not done in Europe.

I was out and about today and did not get one wave. I now wave if someone waves at me otherwaise I don't bother. I get lots of weird looks, grins etc. because I live in a county of H-D's and I stand out in full gear.

How do you practice with one hand? Try it for 1 second, then 2 seconds...? :lol:

Yes. Serious (Sort of.). But it's more like small leans first, big leans later while trying to wave or one hand. More important, don't move your head or line of sight until you're comfortable with everything else. That's where it goes wrong and you wobble. Wobble in turn --> bad.

...He was told by a group of Europan riders it wasn't cool as it signified you were not paying full attention to your riding etc. So it is not done in Europe...

Correct. Most Germans won't even play a radio while driving. Certainly when compared to us here. Nadda except driving. They all really serious about it. Won't see cell phones, books, maps, tvs, crap while driving... I'm surprised they use GPS navigation.

I try to wave whenever I think to, but I forget a lot :o

I do hate riding past those huge lines of Harley riders though. I feel like a douche if I don't wave, but I feel like a clown hanging my left hand out for a good 30-45 seconds while they all go by. Who the hell needs to organize a group ride to go in a straight line anyway?!

I never wave to scooters. Mostly because the only ones I see are out around campus, and most of those people have no idea what a wave means.

I kinda want to get creative with my waving this year. Maybe stand up and break out into a Macarena or possibly a big gay YMCA whenever I pass the ZZ Top harley wannabe, and maybe a "YEAH BRO NICE GIXXER"-style fist bump whenever I pass a squid rocking the sandals and shorts.

Edited by Harb67

I wave at everyone if I get one. Even scooters. Hell I used to take wifeys scooter out once in a while and would be an asshole about waving at HD dudes. Most were just too badassss to wave back. I might have to do that today lol.

NOBODY waves at me on my pc800....amd when they see me they say,....thats a big scooter...and I say nope...Its not a scooter...its a honda jetski with wheels....

the HD riders.....stare blankly ahead when I ride my yamaha as if i dont exist.....and the sport riders ....do the same....(they think im ridin a harley ).....and when I ride my superglide....Only the honda riders and the HD riders wave back...

( ya meet the nicest people on a Honda)...LOL...