Got a new trailer.

MidgetTodd

Ok I gots a new trailer finally gonna be hittin more trackdays and and other outta town events this year so a nice trailer was in order. Now I need to set it up, will hold 3 bikes and gear, generator, coolers, table ect easily and I think 4 bikes if loaded right. But anyway the point of this thread is setup IE wheel chocks tie down points ect. Whos got a cheap hook up on em or got one around they wanna sell? Was gonna make my own but figured Id see if anyone had some good deals first. Would like 3 or 4 matching wheel chocks and thinking on Etracking the floor and maybe 1 or 2 of the pitbull restraints.

Tons of options but the pit-bull trailer restraints can't be beat. I know you need to be able to hold a dirtbike down but I'm sure you could fab something up to make the restraints work. I'm going to be trying to make them work for a scooter real soon.

http://www.discountramps.com/dirt-bike-wheel-shoe.htm

These kind of chocks work well dirt bikes.

Yea I think I'm deff set on 2 of the Pitbull restraints one for mine and one for whatever we end up getting Kim. Then somthing for the sumo. And just straps for the strangers bikes that tag along. I like the Pitbull wheel chocks too nice and beefy but also pricey.

Ok I gots a new trailer finally gonna be hittin more trackdays and and other outta town events this year so a nice trailer was in order. Now I need to set it up, will hold 3 bikes and gear, generator, coolers, table ect easily and I think 4 bikes if loaded right. But anyway the point of this thread is setup IE wheel chocks tie down points ect. Whos got a cheap hook up on em or got one around they wanna sell? Was gonna make my own but figured Id see if anyone had some good deals first. Would like 3 or 4 matching wheel chocks and thinking on Etracking the floor and maybe 1 or 2 of the pitbull restraints.

I used Pit Bull removable wheel chocks and E-Trac. The E-Trac at TSC is polished while most trailer places, you'll get Army green...

Here's a sample of what I did:

The top middle E-Trac is for both the left and right bike that would be in place. The one behind, or the bottom one shown is to pull from the rear of the one that goes up against the cabinets...

biketiepoint1.jpg

Here's the front one. I also have a back one facing opposite of the others that would fit in between the two shown in the first pic. All the chocks can be pulled up and the E-Trac is easy to walk and ride over...

front3n.jpg

Oh, and we pull from the bottom of the forks on our bikes, but I have tried an MX bike, Scooter and even a MTB bicycle and all have been solid. The eyelets are not where we mount from - they were just placed for storage at the time of the pics.

They are pricey but how much does a tip over cost? If you are hauling two bikes in an enclosed trailer you have two bikes messed up plus what damage gets done to the trailer and the chance that you can't ride when you get to your destination. Cheap insurance.

Thats kinda what I had in mind Brain looking to have everything be removable to be able to use the trailer for other stuff too.

You got a good point Tod, it's just adding up fast...... I need some of the peeps I'll be hauling around to start throwin some trailer sponsership money in. :)

PM "ridersdiscount" on the WERA board.

$245 for the Pit-Bull TRS (including pins and shipping). I've only seen them elsewhere for $280.

Mine has already saved me one argument with my wife (she no longer needs to sit on the bike while i ratchet it down), and I have every reason to believe the thing will last damn-near forever.

I'm also pretty sure I can sell it for what I paid any time in the next 3-5 years, although the pins might be a bit harder to move, since they're bike-specific.

it also leaves the trailer floor almost completely flat when removed.

Edited by redkow97

PM "ridersdiscount" on the WERA board.

$245 for the Pit-Bull TRS (including pins and shipping). I've only seen them elsewhere for $280.

Mine has already saved me one argument with my wife (she no longer needs to sit on the bike while i ratchet it down), and I have every reason to believe the thing will last damn-near forever.

I'm also pretty sure I can sell it for what I paid any time in the next 3-5 years, although the pins might be a bit harder to move, since they're bike-specific.

it also leaves the trailer floor almost completely flat when removed.

I love the Pit Bull restraints you guys are describing, but I have a GSXR, a Zuma, hauling buddies' ZX6s, R6s, some KTMs, MX bikes, etc. I'd need so many pins it makes my head spin...

I can tie down all four of our bikes (by myself) in a matter of minutes. Only had one fall over in 16 years of hauling across country and with working at a shop. It's a matter of getting them secured the RIGHT way and using proper tie downs. Cheap tie downs will fail for sure eventually...

Here is how I did mine which allows for multiple ways to load your bikes. The trailer is actually set up to fit three bikes easily.

As far as E track, Don't buy it from an RV trailer store they are way too expensive. Call places that service semi trailers. I was able to get 10 foot sections for less than a dollar a foot and they usually have a wide selection of adaptors for the track.

IMG_0308.jpg