Good CCW Pistol

KL9 F4i

your wrong

No, I'm not. Nothing you said refutes a single thing I did, and I'll be happy to see a single "one shot one kill" study.

I've been studying this stuff for a long time, so if something got by me over the years and there is controlled testing between calibers on human subjects, I'd just love to see the data produced from it.

By all means give me some links or references.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm not. Nothing you said refutes a single thing I did, and I'll be happy to see a single "one shot one kill" study.

I've been studying this stuff for a long time, so if something got by me over the years and there is controlled testing between calibers on human subjects, I'd just love to see the data produced from it.

By all means give me some links or references.

Your arguing with someone who's citing "kill studies".

While you all are busy having a pissy pants argument about the size of your "gun" I will shoot you both in the head with a .22 and see how effective your big gun is after that. Let's get back on topic for the OP. You should choose a carry weapon based on multiple factors. Knock down power is important so the bigger the better for the most part, but how big of a piece will you carry. Lets face it, if it weighs too much, or feels too bulky you will leave it at home and completely defeat the purpose. Buy something you will carry everyday. I'd rather come to a gun fight with a .22 and take my chances than to have nothing at all. Me personally i carry a .380, thats my choice, my gun is comfortable to carry and i carry everyday. I wish i had a larger caliber, but i tried that, didn't work for me. I had the urge to leave it home most days b/c it was too bulky. If you carry a smaller caliber, practice, practice, practice. Be ready to unload a well placed shot when necessary.

i hate arguments like these because it means you're relying on the caliber of a gun rather than your training. Suppose you get in a gun fight, are you going to fire just one shot? Are you going to not try and group your shots in center mass? Yes a .45 has more stopping power, but rarely does a bullet just incapacitate someone so much so that it knocks them down and they cant return fire. I'm pretty sure you carry some nice .380 hollow points and put about 3 holes in someone's chest (because the time to fire 1 shot vs. 3 is miniscule to the trained shooter) you'll come to find the .380 does a great job. Don't rely on the caliber of the gun, rely on your training and preparedness. A .45 caliber doesn't mean shit if you can't hit what you're aiming for.

i hate arguments like these because it means you're relying on the caliber of a gun rather than your training. Suppose you get in a gun fight, are you going to fire just one shot? Are you going to not try and group your shots in center mass? Yes a .45 has more stopping power, but rarely does a bullet just incapacitate someone so much so that it knocks them down and they cant return fire. I'm pretty sure you carry some nice .380 hollow points and put about 3 holes in someone's chest (because the time to fire 1 shot vs. 3 is miniscule to the trained shooter) you'll come to find the .380 does a great job. Don't rely on the caliber of the gun, rely on your training and preparedness. A .45 caliber doesn't mean shit if you can't hit what you're aiming for.

I understand your point and was not trying to make excuses for relying only on caliber size. But even if I could hit a dime at 500yds with a .22 pistol doesn't mean I am gonna carry one for self defense. Me personally, I will use either a .40 or .45, just so happens my carry is .45 with hollow points. That doesn't mean I don't train.

How's my wife' date=' who's 4'10" and 115lbs, supposed to wield a 3" forty-five and accurately place repeated shots at center mass if the gun just about knocks her down every time she pulls the trigger? [/quote']

Gain some weight and walk on stilts?

Gettin my CCW here soon and wanted some opinions on some pistols that people have had good or bad luck with... I want something sort of small and not a total pain to carry around I held a Kahr Guardian .380 the other day that I really liked, but idk if I want a caliber as small as a .380...I like the idea of the Kahr MK9 which is pretty similar to the .380 i think I have a 9mm Carbine at home so i kind of wanted to only buy one size of ammo...I have heard good things about glocks but i hate the boxy look of them. I know its important to get a pistol that feels right to you and all that stuff but was hoping those of you who carry or own pistols could shoot some ideas my why of some things i should/could look at ....all the pistols out there are overwhelming and I have heard not all gun dealers know their stuff all that well. I do not have really large hands nor do I have small hands...somewhat average size i guess...

My advice is to handle/shoot as many guns as you can. They key is the gun be comfortable to YOU.

For a concealed gun you are going to want thin and light so you are more apt to carry it. If you buy something that is not comfortable to carry, you will find yourself consciously or subconsciously not carrying it because of that. It's not going to save your life if you don't have it on you.

Concerning brands. I think most major brands are going to be good and reliable. Once you have handled/shot several different guns, go read some reviews about what models felt right to you.

Also, I was anti glock/composite gun for a long time. That being said I carry a Glock 36 now. My primary issue was the tactile feel of the composite gun, but the 36 feels really solid to me. I have medium sized hands, and with the clip extender I can get all 4 fingers around the grip.

The caliber subject will open up a lot of debate. I prefer .45, but I may end up with a smaller 9mm/.380 this summer just because they are easier to conceal in summer clothes.

My father carries a Kel Tech PF-9 9mm. Price was around $200, and it is a very solid/reliable little gun. Easy to conceal/carry as well.

HTH,

H

I guess thats why my 9sc has 14 rounds in it? Since it is such an inferior round I must have to empty the mag since it is such a small little bullet. Maybe all 14 rnds will add up to be enough to stop a bad guy if need be? Maybe that is why my xd is so box shaped it will make a good club when my 14 shots of hp 9mm did not stop the bad guy. Oh well I guess I am just better off with my pocket knife.

I guess thats why my 9sc has 14 rounds in it? Since it is such an inferior round I must have to empty the mag since it is such a small little bullet. Maybe all 14 rnds will add up to be enough to stop a bad guy if need be? Maybe that is why my xd is so box shaped it will make a good club when my 14 shots of hp 9mm did not stop the bad guy. Oh well I guess I am just better off with my pocket knife.

Yep, inferior round. :p Now sell me your XD for 50 bucks so you can go buy a real gun. :lol: j/k Speedy

I have medium sized hands, and with the clip extender I can get all 4 fingers around the grip.

Wow, how may fingers do you have? I usually use one of my fingers to pull the trigger....but i only have 4 fingers and a thumb. Is your gun voice activated or bluetooth??