Rick Roush Motorsports

Vulcan_Rider

My dad bought his 3rd bike from them in the summer of 2006, when he purchased his bike he also bought some kind of VIP package that extended the warranty gave him his 500 mile maintenance for free 3 oil changes free and his first set of tires for free. Today he called to make an appointment to get his free tires put on and was told that he did not have a free set of tires. He explained that he bought the VIP package and it came with free tires, the guy then tells him that the package expires after 3 years and that since he did not get his tires by August of last year that he no longer gets them. My dad needless to say was quite pissed at this point and told him that he has bought 3 bikes from them as well as referring 4 other people there to buy bikes and on top of it all he is the vice president of the Vulcan Riders Association and that Roush has now lost all of that business.

About 3 hours later my dad gets a phone call from the dealership and it is Rick Roush himself. He apologizes to my dad for close to 10 minutes and says that he personally reviewed my dads customer file and he is one hell of a customer and he appreciates the business. Then he says that even though my dads vip package expired he has already ordered the tires for my dads bike and they will call him when they are in. If he has a hard time getting the bike up there they will pick it up and drop it off for free.

Gay that the VIP package expires after 3 years but at least the owner himself corrected the situation.

Shady, but at least the owner recognizes which customers are his bread and butta.

Is it really shady though if it was spelt out in a contract?

Thats awesome that Roush would personally call and do your father the solid though.

I guess they have to put an expiration date. If not the cost of the promised merchandise could skyrocket in price and the dealer could incur substantial losses. What is important is they honored it.

True. When I bought my RC I received a Honda Powersports card that gave me similar benefits for two years following the purchase. I think that VIP 3 yr deal offered was pretty generous by industry standards, especially nowadays when no one even throws in a helmet anymore. To a degree I can understand V_R's dad's beef but to play devil's advocate, who gets 3 years out of the OEM tires? True he has 3 bikes but from the dealership's POV that's a long time after the sale to come back in asking for a free set of meat. I am impressed that Roush made the call himself, and recognizes the importance of customer care. That will go a long way with me, should I decide I need something that his shop would provide.

• 1 month later...

When my buddy bought his bike there last weekend, the shifter nob, the metal underneath the shifter was broken. Good thing I gave it a shakedown ride before we loaded her into the truck.

The one sales guy said he'd gives us 10% off the part. my other friend said no freiken way.

Mr Roush himself came out and gave us the part, seems like a pretty cool guy.

speaking of which, my bike is up there for the the notorious ignition coil recall. Anyone have any experience with their service dept?

my only experience with Roush Honda is with a shop trying to order parts from them and getting dicked around. "yeah your part's here." Show up at the shop, and the part is NOT there. Happened more than once.

it sounds like Rick Roush has his head on straight, but is either hiring ninnies, or he's not giving his employees the flexibility to provide proper customer service without his intervention...

I can sympathize with the employees in the latter situation. My boss tells me, "negotiate with this vendor," but when I report back to my boss that the vendor won't meet us half way, he goes and offers concessions that I'm not allowed to make to get the deal done. Basically I look like the a-hole for "being stubborn" because i'm following the 'rules' put in place by my boss, and he looks like the nice guy because he gave the vendor what they were asking me for.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't get too down on teh service department if they're following the letter of the contract.

Theres nothing shady about it.I have work at a dealership for 4 yrs now and 8 yrs at another and every VIP that i have ever seen has expired after 3.We do our VIP as prepaid maintance meaning that ur first 3 yrs of services are prepaid paid and it saves u like seven hundred dollars but it will only help you if u ride ur bike.

Theres nothing shady about it.I have work at a dealership for 4 yrs now and 8 yrs at another and every VIP that i have ever seen has expired after 3.We do our VIP as prepaid maintance meaning that ur first 3 yrs of services are prepaid paid and it saves u like seven hundred dollars but it will only help you if u ride ur bike.

The reason it is shady is because he was never informed that it expired after 3 years. Had he been told then it would have been his own fault for not getting it done in time. I was there when he signed the papers and no expiration was ever mentioned. That was the real problem was that he was never told he only had 3 years.

He does ride but he bought that bike 3 weeks after he totaled his old one at 70mph so he was a bit skiddish that year but he had around 16,000 on those tires.

• 1 month later...

I have to admit that Rick Roush is a stand up guy. He makes sure that if there any problems or issues that cannot be settled by his staff, he will get involved. I bought my 650GSXF from them last year and Scott was the best. He keeps me up to date on all the extras that I purchased. They beat every price from here and all over the state.

One thing that I have noticed is that they are now putting expiration dates on all of their forms and cards. Be sure to check them out.

I'm glad that things worked out. No harm... no foul.

Xfader

I have had nothing but good things come from them, I bought my 06 in July of 07 and they dropped 3000 off the price. I paid less for it tax, title and out the door then had I bought a new bike before all the taxes and etc. I have taken a few friends there and my father in law bought his four wheeler there. they are a little higher on prices IMO but I still buy stuff from them.

I know JBCtown had and issue with him when his bake brake went bad on him though.

• 8 months later...

Looking for any new Info on these guys...Have never dealt with them on any level and they are super close to me and I need some recall work done. I honestly have no trust in service depts as a whole. :confused:

Looking for any new Info on these guys...Have never dealt with them on any level and they are super close to me and I need some recall work done. I honestly have no trust in service depts as a whole. :confused:

Ask if Mike that used to work for Honda of Avon is still in their service department. (Ask Jim in Sales. They both worked in Avon together and know eachother well.) He took very good care of me when he was up here, and paid attention to the details.

Ask if Mike that used to work for Honda of Avon is still in their service department. (Ask Jim in Sales. They both worked in Avon together and know eachother well.) He took very good care of me when he was up here, and paid attention to the details.

Thats good to know. Thanks for the help. For some reason i just get the feeling guys in service dont give a shit. Im picturing broken tabs on my plastic, scratched paint..etc. Idk.