corner throttle input help

joshfz.2008

i want to do a track day but need to come up with the money, plus need to buy the leathers.

tires are shinko 009 Raven i think its 38psi front, 42psi rear which is factory settings

Check out iron pony. I got a set of leathers for $352.00 after taxes. I know its a bit if a ride / drive for ya from waverly but it would be worth it. In my opinion.

i want to do a track day but need to come up with the money, plus need to buy the leathers.

tires are shinko 009 Raven i think its 38psi front, 42psi rear which is factory settings

Most trackdays have vendors that rent leathers, tire pressure too high and tires all wrong. The Raven is the hardest compound tire Shinko makes it thier hiway hi milage tire NOT a sport tire it is not made or intended for for corner carving.

i currently have shinkos on my bike (they were free) but i can't wait to get my new pilot power on the rear cause shinko's suck. Plus if your running 42psi...i dont know how you haven't lowsided or highsided for that matter. Those tires aren't great for cornering.

My guess is your a little timid yet. and you should be on that setup. Once you get comfortable with leaning i think you will be accelerating more which will in return make your lines much more straighter and consisten (of course too much is too much LOL) I almost lost my rear end a week ago after getting aggressive on mine. Never had that issue with other tires.

i got the ravens cause i do a lot of 2 up riding, been thinking of trying out the 005 advance, cause i've been really pleased with the shinkos so far

how do you know what is good without trying out the others?

tire pressures, I run 32 in the front, 30 in the back

Another thing to try is releasing the pressure on your outside hand. A lot of people tense up and that limits your ability to turn in. You should be able to take your right hand turns with your left hand off or damn near off the handle. Can't exactly do that on the left hand turns because you need your right there to throttle, but you can make an effort to take your weight off the right hand. The best way through a turn is accelerating and if you can't do that you should maintain throttle position.

I also suggest slowing down. Slow down and work on the basics of proper form. Work on moving your weight to the inside of the turn, keeping weight off your outside arm, and accelerating all the way through the turn. Slowing down also ensures you don't go into the turn too hot. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Oh.. also keep in mind that your tires are meant to perform when they are hot. Don't hop on cold tires and trust them through a corner. You need to put some heat in them either by aggressive accelerating and decelerating or by handling turns slowly and progressively getting more aggressive.

Cold pavement is always cold pavement. I don't care how warm your tires are or how much you try to warm up your favorite on ramp, it will always be cold. Just because the air feels warm during the spring, doesn't mean the ground is also warm. Just another thing to keep in mind.

Mid turn you should be getting back on the throttle in most cases or just about to get back on it.... You are either entering too fast or you only think you need to back off the throttle. Only you know for sure. :)

A smooth steady acceleration coming out of a turn is a beautiful feeling.